Firehouse (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Firehouse

I saw a few of their albums last week, but didn't pick any up...:think:

What's the absolute Best album of their's to get, and no compilations please and thank you gentlemen.:hab:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Firehouse

Okay thanks MP...I'll look around and see what I can find.;)

Reaction score
I liked Firehouse. I have the first, "Hold Your Fire" and "O2". When i was a child I used to spin them every day!... In fact, nowadays i never listen their cd's... I got tired!
If you like the good american hard Rock, their two first albums are very cool!!!

I think that if they had released their albums in the 80's now could be more famous...

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Oy, dead thread. :( Good band, especially their first 3 albums.

Debut album: FireHouse - FireHouse (1990)
Firehouse-cd.jpg

Seriously, not a single bad track on this album. I love it from start to finish and have since I first heard it back in 1990 or 91..

My favorite tracks:
  • All She Wrote
  • Outta Be a Law
  • Love of a Lifetime
  • Don't Walk Away
  • Shake & Tumble
  • Rock on the Radio
  • Home is Where the Heart Is
I still listen to this album on a regular basis. One of my favorite "glam metal" albums of the late 80's or early 90's.

:bow:

Lynch

Reaction score
Second album: FireHouse - Hold Your Fire (1992)

220px-Firehouse-hyf.jpg

Another fantastic album. The band certainly didn't suffer from the "sophomore blues" like a lot of other bands in the era/genre did. They knock it out of the park right from the start with the opening track in Reach For the Sky! :bow: I know some people actually liked this album more than the debut. I can't say that, but it's a very good 2nd place in their discography.

Of course, there are the gratuitous power ballads, just like the previous album, and like the previous album, they are fantastic. When I Look Into Your Eyes is among my favorite power ballads, by any artist. Great lyrics, great feel in the vocals as well as the music. This is another album that gets a LOT of regular play from me. I don't see that ever changing.

My favorite tracks:
  • Reach For the Sky
  • When I Look Into Your Eyes
  • You're Too Bad
  • Hold Your Fire
  • Hold the Dream
  • Rock You Tonight
  • Mama Didn't Raise No Fool

Lynch

Reaction score
Sidenote and perhaps a piece of trivia.... most people write out the band's name as "Firehouse", while spelled correctly, there's a technical error. the "H" in House is capitalized. I've accidentally spelled it that was as well, many times.

FireHouse

urqyuw1519774402.png

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online