Feedback needed!!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Band news/concert information are two different things in my books. If the post is about a band and their new album we have threads for reviews and band threads that is where they belong.

Concert previews/listings...maybe a sub-forum would be applicable, but after the concert is over what does it serve? Anyone who wants to write about the concert can do that in the bands main thread. If we do have a section for concert listings it should be with the understanding that they will be deleted after a period of time.

KISSFREAK

Reaction score
My thoughts are that the band news and concert information gets lost in the general forum.....after a day or two it isn't seen anymore on the main forum page. If I make a separate forum for these threads, it is easy to check that forum for the latest news, etc.

Separate forums for each sounds like the best idea IMHO

F

FoxyPage

I didn't want to make a whole new thread and get like one answer (waste of a thread, lol) so I hope it is okay to ask here but is there a way to make it so we can view the forum stats? I don't think it is possible with this host but another forum I am at has a stats page with how many people register a day, top 10 thread makers, most popular threads, stuff like that.

Meh, just something to look at when waiting for new replies or just out of curiousity. I doubt it can happen with vbulliten but I figured I would ask anyways. I thought it was a cool feature in the other forum but not sure what host he uses.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Have to wait for Magic or Shaggy to answer that one Foxy.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Forum Statistics can be shown in Vbulletin, it has nothing to do with the server host :). Sometimes there are advanced statistics, like the most thanked, top poster, most active thread, yadda yadda. but that is an add-on to the program.

I will look into it Foxy, I dont know what statistics we have and whether they are turned off or if that is an add-on to the program.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I didn't want to make a whole new thread and get like one answer (waste of a thread, lol) so I hope it is okay to ask here but is there a way to make it so we can view the forum stats? I don't think it is possible with this host but another forum I am at has a stats page with how many people register a day, top 10 thread makers, most popular threads, stuff like that.

Meh, just something to look at when waiting for new replies or just out of curiousity. I doubt it can happen with vbulliten but I figured I would ask anyways. I thought it was a cool feature in the other forum but not sure what host he uses.
I've seen and used what you are talking about. There are a number of "addons" that can do various stat lists. Some of these "addons" are used only by admins, others are more for public use/knowledge.

There are also some stats that are available via the "members list". Those stats are available via the normal software, but the options available are set by the admin staff as well. the more info available, the more work on the server/database end of the site. So on a really busy site, it's not a good idea for this stuff to be available for public use as it can really add to the load on the database, which in layman's terms, slow shit down for everyone.

F

FoxyPage

Thanks guys, I really liked the feature and thought it would be cool here just out of interest sort of thing.

I haven't run a VB board for a while but a place I admined had a forum host and I had to go checking with the host for updates/add-ons. Pretty annoying, lol.

:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen and used what you are talking about. There are a number of "addons" that can do various stat lists. Some of these "addons" are used only by admins, others are more for public use/knowledge.

There are also some stats that are available via the "members list". Those stats are available via the normal software, but the options available are set by the admin staff as well. the more info available, the more work on the server/database end of the site. So on a really busy site, it's not a good idea for this stuff to be available for public use as it can really add to the load on the database, which in layman's terms, slow shit down for everyone.

Thanks Lynch for your input :)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'm here but to serve... (and to steal little kids' candy and keep the damn cats in line) *nom nom nom*

10.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online