Fear Factory (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Fear Factory

Burton C. Bell features on GZR's Plastic Planet. Drive Boy Shooting is a great track.

I have that CD and G//Z/R's other CD Ohmwork ( w/o Bell ). I was greatly disappointed in both, myself. I actually like the Geezer CD Black Science
a bit better then those 2. Ohmwork being by far the worst, IMO.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
^^ I'm sure it is. I bought it when it first came out at a long dead Tower Records store. I was hoping for something a bit more Sabbath influenced.
Even though it falls short of that it is interesting in it's own way . Not the kind of thing I usually go for but I'm a Geezer Butler freak and an Alien buff so this really appeals to some part of my psyche ....

Last edited:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Thanks for the clips DKW, I thought they were both really good. I would certainly like to hear the whole album. Geezer probably did the right thing in moving away from the Sabbath sound, thereby avoiding comparison. I always thought he wrote better lyrics for Sabbath than Ronnie James Dio. Sometimes writing lyrics based on TV programmes can seem silly, but it works. Randy California and Spirit did the same thing with She-ra!

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Yeah, sure no problem, I don't mean that I was hoping for a Sabbath clone, but just something dark and doomy with a lot of heavy bottom. I was hoping Geez would be a bit more in the forefront I guess more then anything else.
It's a bass player thing maybe lol

Now I think I better post a Fear Factory clip or 2 so as to get back on topic :heheh:

From the last Fear Factory Cd I purchased

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New song Recharger

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The new album The Industrialist I really enjoyed. For me it was better then Mechanize which was a high quality album as well.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Fear Factory was kinda like my "gateway drug". It was the first non-mainstream metal band I didn't hate on first listen.

I have their 90's era albums. I've been meaning to catch up with their later releases.

I also have Plastic Planet. Way different for Geezer, but I like it a lot.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online