Favourite 1973-77 Lynyrd Skynyrd album?

Which is your favourite 1973-77 Lynyrd Skynyrd album?

• Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Second Helping

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Nuthin' Fancy

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Gimme Back My Bullets

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Street Survivors

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
Out of the five Lynyrd Skynyrd albums recorded with Ronnie Van Zant from 1973-77, which one is your personal favourite?

Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nerd (1973)

Second Helping (1974)

Nuthin' Fancy (1975)

Gimme Back My Bullets (1976)

Street Survivors (1977)

I've restricted the poll to just one choice for favourite album, but by all means feel free to post full or partial rankings in addition to voting for your favourite.

E-Z

Reaction score
Very hard to come down on which album was better out of that bunch rock dudes??.

I haven't heard any of those albums for years and years although Gimme Back My Bullets was a good un from my faded memory but there was some good rock tracks on all of them especially That Smell off of Street Survivors was memorable.

Gimme Back My Bullets

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I have been meaning to return to this thread for months, I knew I hadn't posted my choice but forgotten that I hadn't voted, which I have now rectified:

My favourite Lynyrd Skynyrd album is Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nerd. The band really flew out of the blocks with that record and it's definitely one of my absolutely favourite debut albums. I think every track is great and it has my two favourite Skynyrd songs, Simple Man and Free Bird.

Of the other albums, I would pick Street Survivors as my second favourite narrowly ahead of Second Helping - Steve Gaines was a truly inspired addition to the band and it was impressive how much he brought to the that album with his guitar playing, songwriting and even his vocals on You Right That and Ain't No Good Life.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Either of the first two albums would be worthy of being my "favoite". Both are outstanding, exemplary pieces of classic southern rock.

Flipping a coin .... Second Helping gets my vote.

Saiyan Rocker

The Legendary Super Rocker
Reaction score
As a southern I love Lynyrd Skynyrd. To pick just one album as a favorite was not an easy choice. There are wonderful songs on each album. The debut album is "Legendary". However, my vote goes to Gimme Back My Bullets.

The reason Gimme Back My Bullets won is for the following songs:
Gimme Back My Bullets
Double Trouble
Searching

E-Z

Reaction score
I already voted on this thread and went for Gimme Back My Bullets but the 'problem with Skynyrd' (apart from trying to spell the name?) is the band carry to much baggage regarding the plane crash that dominates everything about this band including everything they recorded between 1973-1977.

I don't ever listen to the band anymore pre-plane crash (and nothing post crash) for the reason that music they made between 1973-1977 is just TO GOOD TO LISTEN TO strangely enough??.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online