Register to remove these ads

Lynyrd Skynyrd ‘Street Survivors’ Movie Halted by Judge’s Ruling

Discussion in 'Music News' started by That 70s Guy, Aug 29, 2017.

1. E-Z

E-Z Member

The stuff regarding Leslie West of Mountain auditioning for Skynyrd after Ed King left and not getting the job and then sending a letter to Skynyrd's management thanking them for not getting the job after the plain crash I read in a Classic Rock magazine interview about 5-6 years ago and it was possibly in the same interview that Leslie admitted that he use to like eating Krispy Crème doughnuts back in the 1970s where he would sometimes eat a dozen doughnuts at one go then lick the box clean!.

2. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

I remember that interview and the band has also mentioned Leslie before. For the record, I was not saying any of the stories and rumours in this thread were untrue. I was just commenting in general about the band and trying to inspire people to read some of the books! :D

3. E-Z

E-Z Member

Yeah no problem SDM I didn't take it that way cos I know that rock dudes like yourself know your s**t about Lynyrd Skynyrd it was mainly for some dudes that wonder where the Leslie West thing came from?.

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.
  4. BikerDude

BikerDude Senior Member

Yeah it's amazing how different all the accounts are.
    And have been right along.
    Billy's story of the crash was immediately discounted saying that Casey Gains died in his arms.
    And on and on. Now Gary is claiming that Artimus didn't go for help that he ran away because he was scared.
    It's impossible to sort out anything with that band.
    Oh well. Typical southern bad asses.
    Put em all together and add some bourbon and stand back because all hell is gonna break loose.
    But there will be some damn good music mixed in there someone.
    God bless them all.
    I love the guy who suggest that if he could have them over for a good old home town BBQ he could fix up all the feuding. Right on! Beers and BBQ can save the world.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  5. BikerDude

BikerDude Senior Member

http://oneweekoneband.tumblr.com/post/51724875232/i-dont-even-expect-to-live-very-long-ronnie