Favorite Beatles Album

Vic2010

Reaction score
A Hard Day's Night! What else would it be? :grinthumb

My favorite Beatles album changes every few years. It's really impossible to pick one. For years it was Revolver, then for a while it was The White Album, then Abbey Road. I've always loved the pre-Rubber Soul era (what I call the "Yeah Yeah Yeah" era) better than any other. It's not just that I love the songs, but there's a lot of nostalgia there. I love AHDN (the British version. The American release was the actual soundtrack of the film) the best because all the songs are great (all originals, no covers) and because it takes me back to a time when Beatlemania was cresting in the U.S. This is when I think a lot of young boys wanted to become musicians.

guitar dude

Reaction score
I think Revolver would have to be my all time favorite, because just about every song is beautifully crafted. I find the majority of the song writing to be stronger and more enduring.

mystic fred

Reaction score
Sgt Pepper has to be my favourite as it was the first LP i ever bought, and on its day of release! I played it continuously, my once dull world now full of colour...

i had a good collection of singles but a whole album was a "birthday buy" in those days, i was only 14, but other albums swiftly followed...:)

sgt_pepper5.jpg

flake

Reaction score
Beatles For Sale.....I know it was never really available in the States, but I compiled a version on cassette when I was younger. Then, in the early '80s, I hand carried it and a bunch of other vinyl back from Europe on an overseas flight in my lap. I've still got a bunch of Parlaphone singles in their original slip covers that date back to the sixties, along with a boxed set of Lennon LPs.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Abbey Road ... my first LP ever bought from Beatles. I love cover, songs, everything. Only downer is that at the time Abbey Road got released, Beatles was falling apart. Other favs are Sgt. Pepper and Rubber Soul.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Rubber Soul and the White Album.

I really like Rubber Soul because it was the dawn of the ALBUM as an artform. It was both cohesive, and filled with songs that could be listened to as stand-alone tracks. Plus, it was the Beatles at their best as far as song-writing goes, with the deepest and most introspective lyrics of any Beatles album.

The White Album is where the LSD wore off. I love their psychedelic stuff, but you have to be in the right mood for it. The back to basics rock 'n roll of this album is just incredible. Sure, there's A LOT of filler, but there's enough gold to make up for it. It's also probably the least happy go lucky of all the Beatles' output. From the cover to the music to the very year it was released, there's a certain bleakness to it all. It contains the Beatles' best song, REVOLUTION 9. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online