Favorite Beatles Album

Fug

Reaction score
cnbpjb said:
I still love Sgt. Pepper's; & the White Album and Abbey Road have grown on me. And I was always fond of Rubber Soul (at least in it's original American released lp {vinyl} format has always held a special place in my heart -- because my older sis had that lp and it was the first lp I used to pretend to be a dj with -- when I was only 3 or 4 years old); but in my later years (the last 15 or so), I have grown to absolutely positively list my favorite lp by the Four Lads from Liverpool as Revolver (there is not a song on the lp that I don't love and the art work on the front cover is just sooooo fascinating to look at; especially lovable songs are "Dr. Robert", "Tomorrow Never Knows", "She Said, She Said", "Taxman", "Got To Get You Into My Life", and "Eleanor Rigby"); and about what I wrote about the art work to wit:

Yes indeed! The impact that Rubber Soul and Revolver had on Rock&Roll can't be overstated. The Beatles went from wanting to "Hold Your Hand" to asking us to "relax and float down stream", and we all did! Great stuff.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Hard to choose just one. It seems to change for me over time as well. Used to be The White Album. Then it was Abbey Road, then Revolver, then Rubber Soul and then Sgt. Pepper and back to The White Album. Currently I'm back on The White Album again. So for the moment, The White Album.

Psychedelic Syd

Centurion of Psychedelia
Reaction score
The White Album for me... It does have some clinkers, but the wide variety of music (most at a premium level) that is offers gives one a top shelf selection of musical greatness all in one package... The diversity of music is amazing and the quality of that diversity is what makes it so very great...

-

Zombeels

Reaction score
Abbey Road ...followed very closely by the White Album

Attachments

• #3 Beatles - Abbey Road.jpg
    #3 Beatles - Abbey Road.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 72

Her

Reaction score
Toss up between Revolver and Abbey Road..but that other album that came out in 2000 ( I think it was) was pretty good...had all my faves...it was kinda like a greatest hits album. :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:bmp1:

abbey_road.jpg

Abbey Road released 1969

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
yelsub.jpg
yelsub8.jpg

Only side one:

Yellow Submarine (Previously available on "Revolver")
Only A Northern Song (George Harrison)
All Together Now
Hey Bulldog
It's All Too Much (George Harrison)
All You Need Is Love (Previously available as a single)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online