Favorite Beatle?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I watched Martin Scorsese's sprawling biography about George a few weeks ago, very well crafted piece and learned more about George Harrison that I ever did before.

Apparently he could "talk the birds out of the trees" when he had a mind to, which bothered his wife a lot. So he wasn't perfect. Also he loved cars and racing and really nice material things, which was a direct contrast to his pursuit of spiritual purity. He spent most of his post Beatles life preparing for the afterlife, and took it very seriously. He strove to be a good Dad to his son, and spent endless hours rearranging the trees and landscape on his estate to get it....just right.

There is no doubt John and Paul both stifled his creativity in the Beatles, George felt like he was escaping bondage when the band finally broke up.

All in all I gained both a lot of respect for George but also loved the fact he was as prone to temptation as the rest of us when it came to certain things.

I just don't think other than his massive triple album he equaled Paul's solo career, I have him about level with John in that regard.

E-Z

Reaction score
RINGO

RINGO probably had the most successful solo career of the fab 4 and his songs were pretty cool as well, atleast you cud remember them!!. :tongue:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
George's songs always had an introspective quality that got a little deeper with me.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There was a scene near the end of the biography when Ringo was interviewed about his last talk with George. Ringo's daughter was in Boston for a surgical procedure for a brain tumor, Ringo was visiting George who was on his deathbed in Switzerland. Ringo explained he had to go be with his daughter and was extremely worried, George looked at him and in typical Harrison fashion said..."You want me to go with you?"...then Ringo shed a couple tears, it was the last time he saw George before he succumbed to cancer. Very moving scene.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would have to say my favorite songs come from Lennon...but the best looking Beatle is Ringo :)

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
Ringo was interviewed about his last talk with George. Ringo's daughter was in Boston for a surgical procedure for a brain tumor, Ringo was visiting George who was on his deathbed in Switzerland. Ringo explained he had to go be with his daughter and was extremely worried, George looked at him and in typical Harrison fashion said..."You want me to go with you?"...then Ringo shed a couple tears, it was the last time he saw George before he succumbed to cancer.

I remember reading about that a few years ago. I can't believe that when George was suffering so much he still put others in front of himself

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
There was one story where Bob Dylan told John Lennon that the Beatles hadn't written any song that was of worth other than the pop stuff they were peddling at the time. Lennon was taken aback, made him think and penned "Nowhere Man" as a result.

I'd say it took off from there where they progressed as a group as far as more mature lyrics as concerned.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online