Favorite Beatle?

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
I'm sure that someones already posted a thread like this already, but i'm curious to see which Beatle is the most popular among you classic rock lovers. Personally, George is my favorite, with his beautiful songs both in and out of The Beatles and because he was a genuniely nice guy. Also, i liked his outlook on life, i could definetly relate to his views on life.
So, who is your favorite Beatle?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It changes, sometimes it's George, or Paul or John poor Ringo never seems to get a break in these Beatles' runoffs.;)

And yes this has been done before, last time I think George won.

I'll take Macca, just based on the fact I think he put out a few more quality solo albums than the other's.

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
Though i do prefer George's solo albums over the rest of The Beatles solo careers, i can admit that both John and Paul's solo albums do trump Georges (Aside from All Things Must Pass of course). I don't know why Ringo get such a bad rep, he has some really good albums, his self-titled album (though the songs are mostly written by other artists) is really good.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yes I agree Ringo's first record is top drawer, and he is the most amiable of the Fab Four.

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
It bothers me when people say that he is a bad drummer, without Mr. Starkey, the songs wouldn't sound nearly as good. He paved the way for many drummers.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Ringo could keep perfect time, that's a rare gift for any drummer. He gave the Beatles what they needed, while never as flashy as Keith Moon or many others I've always thought he was good at his craft.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There are a handful of drummers who could both play and sing lead vocals, that is another thing I respect about Mr. Starkey. :drums:

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
True, true. If you haven't already seen it, check out the Concert For Bangladesh, George set the show up and he brought an all-star lineup.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I was alive when it came out young Rocky...:heheh:

So I have seen it, in the theater when it was released. George at his very best and a moment in time perfectly captured and preserved forever.:bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.