Favorite Beatle?

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Harrison. He can write some really romantic songs without being too sappy. Don't Bother Me...Something...If I Needed Someone...I Need You. Personally, I think he is THE lyrically incisive of the four. Taxman...Piggies...

Reaction score
1- John;
2- George;
3- Ringo;
4- Paul.

I think John was a real genius. His sense of humor was one of his great virtues, I really like the messed-up way he ruled his life. He might have seemed a bit all-mighty, but I really believe he went through a lot.
George is truly underrated... He was a quite genius too. And funny, just like John. After all, George really liked him a lot.
I hate Paul. I can't explain why, but I just despise the fool (on the hill)! He annoys me. And this didn't help:

tumblr_lia1i4kOSq1qcy27zo1_500.gif :buzz:
(Paul: …and I am the last remaining Beatle.
Ringo: What about me!?)

Ringo is amazing too. :)

Khor1255

Reaction score
George

That said, they are one of those bands that absolutely would not be the same with any member removed.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
With the Beatles it's Paul for me. He simply wrote most of my favorite Beatles songs as well as amazing melodies in general. Post Beatles however it's John. Paul's first few solo albums were really great but then Wings came along and aside from a few songs he loses points with me for that. George I am simply note familiar enough with as a solo artist outside of "All Things Must Pass" and I would of course not pick Ringo. So that leaves John who was always was the best lyricist in the Beatles and in his solo career the more raw recordings showed off his lyrics more.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
Favorite Beatle? Hmmmmm :hm:

Paul kind of makes me sick with all his silly love songs.
John was great, but a bit overrated IMO.
Ringo truly needed a little help from his friends.

So that leaves GEORGE as my favorite Beatle.

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
These are my views on each Beatle:
John: A lyrical genius who was extremely witty, John wrote masterpieces inside and outside of the Beatles, though his songs had more emotional depth to them. Listen to Plastic Ono Band and you'll understand.
Paul: The melody master who wrote good lyrics with many double entendres. Once free from The Beatles, his lyrics had more meaning but he still wrote some raunchy songs (Monkberry Moon Delight, Eat At Home.)
George: Though he wrote some beautiful songs, both John and Paul's egos were too big to let George have any more than 2 or 3 songs on an album (aside from The White Album). The songs that were rejected by John and Paul spawned an enormously successful triple album. George was an underrated genius who never got his time to shine (though i doubt he'd have liked the spotlight).
Ringo: A severely underrated drummer whose influence spawned many other great drummers. Not the strongest songwriter though...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online