Favorite 80's guitarist?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
All good guitarists. Vernon Reid was very underrated and/or underappreciated. He had a very unique playing style.

Love everyone on that list though. Reb Beach was/is fantastic. DeMartini is one of my alltime favorites. :bow:

Trickster

Reaction score
All good guitarists. Vernon Reid was very underrated and/or underappreciated. He had a very unique playing style.

Love everyone on that list though. Reb Beach was/is fantastic. DeMartini is one of my alltime favorites. :bow:
Wanted to pick ones that don't come to mind right away!:)

Another one would be Jason Becker.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
The 80's for me was less about guitar heroics.
More about breaking the mold.
I'll go D. Boon. Redefined what you could do and still be punk.
No D. Boon and there is no Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction etc...

No guitarist further stretched the definition of what you could get away with and justify yourself as “punk” in the early ’80s — ripping Van Halen covers, high-bravado, classic-rock soloing, lithe funk, John Coltrane, somber Fahey-style interludes, his dad’s country records…and usually in 60 seconds or less. A mutant mix of Buck Owens, John Fogerty, and Television, boon would jerk out his spastic runs and art-funk chunks in a wildly treble-y jangle, ultimately setting the stage for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Fugazi, and Liars.
Most Heroic Moment: The Ayler-like solos in 1984’s “S—t From an Old Notebook.” C.W.

Last edited:

Breeze33

Reaction score
Tommy shaw Styx well overlooked. I used to think he was a ponce but watch 8.19 version of renegade live. He put me in my place, great talent who loves rock, pure rock, music.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Whoever Tom Petty's lead picker was.Highly definitive of its rock times......................

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online