Carrie - Europe
Land of Confusion - Genesis
Paradise City - Guns N' Roses
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

zoose

Reaction score
Re: What Are Your 80s Favorites?

So many to choose from.

What remains with me is stuff like Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House - that was a new flavor you didn't find in the 60s and 70s.

Just about anything from Dire Straits - the decade when Oz got its time on stage.

Last edited:

zoose

Reaction score

Gotta put in a word for Billy Idol.

Rebel Yell - White Wedding - Hot in the City - the kind of elemental rock that never gets old - and Eyes Without a Face shows his range.

If Rebel Yell doesn't rear up your rock and roll soul you might be a butterfly dreaming of being a man.

And Roy while I'm up.
After what was basically a 60s career that went away Orbison came back with Mystery Girl - classic rockabilly like All I Can Do Is Dream You.
Too bad his heart gave out so soon.

RockNRollJunkie

Reaction score

Well I am a huge fan of 80's music. So i have a lot of favorites, but I'll just choose a few. One of my favorite 80's albums is The Great Radio Controversy by Tesla. They are one of my favorite bands and imo a very underacted band. Also I would have to go with Huey Lewis and The News Sports, Gnr Appetite For Destruction, AC/DC Back in Black, and finally Aerosmith Done With Mirrors.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
The 80s seems to be the least appreciated decade in at least two of the other places I visit so I thought I'd try and champion its cause and get some discussion going.

So, what are your favorites from the 80s?
Off the top of my head I'd say Van Halen, Motley Crue, Dokken, Ratt, Ozzy, Queensryche, Def Leppard, The Cult, Billy Idol, U2, The Pretenders, Souxsie and the Banshees, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Madonna and Genesis were the big acts from the New Wave, Alternative, Rock and Pop genres.

And there were plenty more great songs from lesser known 80's artists to fill out your dance card.

The 80's were great!

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

So many to choose from.

What remains with me is stuff like Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House - that was a new flavor you didn't find in the 60s and 70s.

Just about anything from Dire Straits - the decade when Oz got its time on stage.

Dire Straits are English, us Aussies just love them to bits :tongue:

I agree that there's far too much to choose from, the 80's are my equal favourite decade alongside the 70's.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^For some reason certain people like to slam the 80's musically speaking, but I found many bands that were very good from that decade. The 70's will always be my favorite the music from that era just has a special place in my personal history that remains unrivaled so far.:cheers:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
The 80's were slammed because people instantly think of the cheesey pop songs and even cheesier one hit wonders that were rife back then. (I believe the 00's will suffer the same fate)

Meanwhile, there was KISS in one corner leading the glam rockers, Duran Duran and Talking Heads in another beinging on New Wave, Meatloaf belting out (and there really is no other way to describe his singing) rock operas and The Cure giving us...well The Cure.

The fact of the matter, without any jibba jabba is that the 80's were so great because they were so astoundingly diverse. (not that other decades weren't, I feel the 80's were just something else)

/rant over :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The band that I immediately think of when someone says "80's" is none of than Gn'R. They were the climax of the decade if you ask me.

Pat Catalano

Reaction score
I love a lot of 80's music mostly because I grew up in that decade and discovered the music from an older cousin. Because I was originally just listening to what my parents were into like Elvis and mostly Italian music.
I have to say I really like Skid Row, Motley Crue, Poison and the list goes on and on and on. But my 2 all time favorites are Dokken and Queensryche.
Although I do have to disagree with the Cinderella comment. I have seen them live many times and I must say they are extraordinary musicians and put on one hell of a rock show. But that is only my opinion :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online