Faith No More (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Faith No More

FNM are one of my top 5 bands so I have to comment even though this thread is pretty old. Most posters are partial to Angel Dust and Epic, but I will go against the grain and say King For a Day was their best effort.

I would rate their albums in this order:

1. King for a Day
2. Album of the Year
3. Angel Dust
4. The Real Thing
5. Introduce Yourself
6. We Care a Lot

This is an old thread indeed, WhalerFan. I think it's the first thread I ever wrote back when joined. :heheh:

I've actually become quite fond of "King For a Day" since I made this. Now that's not to say that I would rank it over "The Real Thing" or "Angle Dust" but it has some really great tracks on it and some of the band's most musical diverse. "Take This Bottle" is an alternative country sort of song "Just A Man" is a funky gospel song "Star A.D." has a kind of 1940's mobster car chase sound to it "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies" is a really nasty metal song, "Evidence" has an R&B groove going for it, and so on. It really is a very unique and interesting trip of an album. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I just re-wrote the OP to this thread if anyone is interesting in looking at it. It's much spiffier looking now. ;)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I've been really grooving this Faith No More song in particular lately. It goes down smooth. :D

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Cosmic, that album took a while to really grow on me but after I gave it a few dozen chances I really do enjoy the songs. Not too many weak tracks and a fitting end (if it is the end??) to the FNM discography.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. As much as I would really love a new Faith No More album sometime down the road I can live with "Album Of The Year" being their last hoorah. :good

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
I am hoping they do keep talking to each other (well, more like Patton vs all the others) long enough to put out just one more. There's always hope, right?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well yeah, it's always weighed on Mike since he always has so much going on with his forty dozen side bands but since Faith No More got back together they have been his main focus so I wouldn't rule out a new album. ;)

One thing I think would be really great is to hear what all Mike would do vocally on a new Faith No More album. Over the decade that the band was broken up he really expanded his voice in all of his experimental groups that he was a part of so and I love how much he grew but I don't care for the music itself. I think a more grounded group like Faith No More would compliment his even more versatile voice now. :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If Angel Dust, Album of the Year and King for a Day end up being the only Faith albums I have then awesome, 3 absolute killer albums. King for a Day I am cranking now and it is some great stuff, love the melody of some songs like Take This Bottle particularly.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I never liked thrash metal or rap-rock, but for some reason I always loved Faith No More after Mike Patton joined. The Real Thing and Angel Dust are great albums. A few In Concerts were broadcast on BBC radio in the UK, including one with Jim Martin and and another with one of his successors (I'm not sure which). Bizarrely they covered I Started a Joke along with En Vogue's Free Your Mind and another song called something like I'm a Woman. These radio shows should have been released as they were excellent, even without Jim Martin. As a good live band, it is surprising that they only released the Brixton Academy album and nothing live after Angel Dust.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online