Faith No More (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
faith-no-more-1-LST065357_b.jpg

Faith No More Official Website

Faith No More (originally named Faith No Man) are an American alternative band from San Fransisco, California that had some rocky beginnings. Originally formed in 1981 the groups struggled to find an audience in the 80's California music scene. After numerous lineup changes, including a brief stint with Courtney Love on vocals, and two unsuccessful albums Faith No More finally managed to get onto their feet with the addition of Mike Patton as vocalist.
In 1989, Mike Patton was playing in his experimental metal band Mr. Bungle that he had formed in high school and after getting offered the gig to sing for Faith No More he dropped out of college. Within two week Mike had penned all of the lyrics to what would make up their Grammy nominated, multi-platinum breakthrough album "The Real Thing".
After sleeping for a full 6 months after it's release "The Real Thing" took off as a runaway hit after the release of it's second single "Epic", which would go on to be their signature song and biggest hit. Combining hard hitting metal riffs, ripping rap verses, and nasally singing that dominates much of the rest of the album "Epic" proved to be highly influential for rappers, funk artists, and metalheads alike.
For their followed up to hugely successful "The Real Thing" the band expanded on the eclectic mixture of non rock influences even further and released what some critics have called the most perplexing follow up to a hit album ever. Seamlessly merging a wide range of styles together this follow up to the form of "Angel Dust". It was also a success commercial (albeit less than "The Real Thing") and even more so critically and launched the band to further alternative rock super stardom.
Faith No More's next album "King For A Day....Fool For a Lifetime" was well received by more dedicated fans but was unable to connect with a wide audience and greatly undersold their last two endeavors. This trend was followed by their next album "Album of the Year", released in 1997. This would prove to be, as of today, the band's last album, and after cancelling a tour supporting Aerosmith in 1998 Faith No More announced their break up.
Over the next decade the members of Faith No More would work on solo projects, work with other bands, and play for other artists before finally announcing their reunion in 2009. They came right out of the nowhere and immediately got top bills at a number of high level festivals such as Download and Reading. Initially this was only supposed to be a short reunion but after the overwhelming reception to their Second Coming tour they are still going strong and have been quoted as saying that they have no idea how long this will actually last. There have been rumors for the last year now that the band are going to put out a new album but as of yet there have been no official announcements made on it.

Albums

We Care a Lot (1985)
Introduce Yourself (1987)
The Real Thing (1989)
Angel Dust (1992)
King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime (1995)
Album of the Year (1997)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Faith No More

Sorry Cosmic not a fan, but when FoxyPage sees this she'll be all over it...she is a Huge Mike Patton fan.:nana:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

That's cool. As versatile as they are I don't expect everyone to like them. If I did then I'd be dumbfounded as to why they only had one hit single. ;P

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Faith No More had lots of great songs, and a great sound. I would listen to them and White Zombie when I needed a break from the Grunge bands.

One particular favorite song of mine from them is "Kindergarten".

Removed dead video

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I really like "Kindergarten", but then again I love the whole "Angel Dust" album so.....:grinthumb

F

FoxyPage

Oh god, I LOVE Mike Patton and all his bands. Angel Dust is one of the best albums EVER.

Mike Patton for President.

Burnout Paradise has Epic on the soundtrack. I marked.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Haha well Lord Grendel was certainly about how much you love Mike. :heheh:

"Epic" is in my top five songs of all time. :grinthumb:

F

FoxyPage

My fav Patton band is Peeping Tom. Their CD is friggin amazing.

F

FoxyPage

Yep, but a possible second and third might happen in the future. Mike is busy with the FNM tour but there was talk of maybe doing the 2nd and 3rd Peeping Tom albums after.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online