Evans Blue

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
evansblue.jpg

I'm going to say something that may be taken the wrong way! In a world of comparisons, I realize that the vocal style in this band is very Maynard James Keenan! I think this is a good quality and I don't hold it against any singer who matches it! It's sprung beyond Maynard to sing like that in so many bands I just consider it a movement!

That being said I really think Kevin Matisyn is a GREAT vocalist! Evans Blue is a great moody melancholic rock band that escapes the generic rock tag with a dark melodic ambiance that other popular rock bands like Crossfade, Finger Eleven and 10 Years can't match with the same depth IMO! The lead singer is this big trucker looking dude who emotes without lacking any testosterone! I can't see any whiny emo comparisons here and I LIKE Emo! :) He is able to explore his feminine side with covers of Tori Amos and Sarah McLachlan without irony! A good example of emotion being emotion regardless of gender! Just good dark melodic rock! :tup:

Actually their debut c.d. title was very descriptive of their sound quality!
"The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Sound"

album-the-melody-and-the-energetic-nature-of-volume.jpg

They would come out with one more c.d.
"The Pursuit Begins When This Portrayal of Life Ends"

EvansBlue_607_891.jpg

before losing lead singer, Kevin, and being NOTHING like Evan Blue anymore! They had two great c.d.s while they lasted though!

Here are my favorite tracks:

(my favorite studio track)

Over

Over (acoustic, my favorite song, beautiful)

Beg

Possession (Sarah McLachlan cover)

Caught A Lite Sneeze (Tori Amos cover)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the poll, Bry, and this thread. You have introduced me to two fantastic albums. I haven't listened to them in their entirity yet, so I cant make comment,,,,,,,,,,,but I will after I have given them a proper listen.

:tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online