Eric Clapton 'Blues Rock' Album On It's Way For 2012!

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Yeah...EC's always up to something...

Maybe a Clapton, Beck , Page tour....something like what they did in the 80's...

I'd love to see that trio record something together. :)

Yeah, that would be cool! It`s close here but Page is in the audience....I wonder if he was tempted to join them? :D

E-Z

Reaction score
Unfortunately E.C. has made some 'duff albums' over his lifetime but he has also made some "classic" albums as well. :grinthumb

A high-Derek & the dominos: Layla & assorted love songs 1970 :grinthumb

A low-Eric Clapton: Reptile 2001 :omg:

cornishmusic

Reaction score
Lets hope we get a little quality and passion in the next EC release - "a long guitar solo" might actually be a nice departure from his last few efforts.

E-Z

Reaction score
Lets hope we get a little quality and passion in the next EC release - "a long guitar solo" might actually be a nice departure from his last few efforts.

Makes me wonder if E.C. is interested anymore??.

To be honest since about the 1990s i get the feeling that Eric just goes into the studio to "knockout" an album cos he ain't got anything else better to do seriously.

Some of that stuff that he's put out since the 1990s like The blues album, Reptile, The Robert Johnson song book, (a blues album) with B.B.King, (an album) with J.J. Cale, Back Home & Clapton (the album) really Suck guy's :rolleyes:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

In 2004 EC released Sessions for Robert J and Me and Mr. Johnson, both are excellent! And being a die hard fan of both EC and J.J. Cale I thought 2006`s The Road to Escondido was a damn fine album. I don`t care too much for 2010`s Clapton but it was a album he wanted to do and he is in the position that he can do what he wants with worry of album sales.

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah your probably right Garrett, i was probably a bit harsh on E.C. (sorry Eric) i kinda like the PILGRIM album and the live album ONE MORE CAR ONE MORE RIDER as well but i don't really like REPTILE, RIDING WITH THE KING (B.B.King), BACK HOME & CLAPTON.

I still feel that E.C. has 'lost interest' in music and is only going through the motions in the studio and knocking out albums to order which after nearly 50 years of recording for him is understandable.

cornishmusic

Reaction score
I think I've been a bit harsh too - I was at the Cream Reunion show at the Albert Hall - we had terrible seats and the sound was bad where we were - I couldn't bring myself to watch the dvd of the event, but caaught it on SKY Arts last week - wow! - EC plays some lovely guitar!

sitrova

Reaction score
that's good news - i didn't really like his recent cooperations - time for a decent album now!!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.