Epica (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With each release they continued to get better even if different subtly. Seemed weird though that their first album just like Within Temptation's was extremely hard to get a hold of.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Seemed weird though that their first album just like Within Temptation's was extremely hard to get a hold of.

As far as I know, "Consign to Oblivion" is now more difficult to find than "The Phantom Agony". "The Phantom Agony" was reissued just recently in an expanded edition with a bonus disc.

However, the reason "The Phantom Agony" and "Consign..." used to be difficult to find, is that they were released on a record label that no longer exists. The old After Forever releases were also released on that label and can be difficult to find as well - apart from "Prison or Desire" and Decipher which were also reissued just recently in expanded editions.

Within Temptation's "The Dance" EP and "Enter" were also released on a label that no longer exists and thus can be difficult to find at a decent price.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They should re-issue Enter and Consign. Both are really good albums from the respective bands with Enter actually being my favourite from WT.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
They should re-issue Enter and Consign. Both are really good albums from the respective bands with Enter actually being my favourite from WT.

That would be a nice thing to do, for fans who do not own those.

I'd recommend fans of Epica to find a copy of the limited deluxe Eco-Book version of "Consign...". It pops up on Ebay from time to time, but it can be a bit pricey. I'm lucky I got one back when it was available in retail stores.

"Enter" is up there among my favourite WT releases, so is "The Dance", but my favourite is and will probably always be "Mother Earth". Up til then, they were a band with huge potential, but with that album, they unleashed it all on a masterpiece that imo might be the best symphonic metal album of all time and without a doubt one of the best metal albums of the 00s.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Their album names are like Orphan Black episode titles, strange and complex.

Still, I can't wait for a new Epica record. TQE was a great album.

Attachments

• Epica 2016.jpg
    Epica 2016.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Agreed. Great track. Lousy video, but better than standard lyric videos.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online