Ephemeral Sun

joe

Reaction score
Ephemeral Sun was formed in 2002 in Virginia, USA after the band Rain Fell Within released one album titled Refuge. The members wanted to go on to a path of a more adventurous music exploration than thier previous band which was a gothic prog/metal theme. The band cut thier first album in 2004 titled Broken Door. Mostly instrumental but there are some vocals provided by female vox Laurie Ann Haus. Transcending various genres including prog. rock, metal, electronica, classical, and jazz.
It wasn't until six years later Harvest Aorta was issued. The "vexing" vocals which were scarcely limited on the first album were all but dropped for this release and IMO for the better as the ambience wasn't abraded. Only four tracks are contained on the album with the magnum opus "Harvest Aorta" clocking in at 42:00 minutes. This is quite unique and original prog. rock combining many different elements, sub-genres, and atmospheric passages though the title track is a bit long-winded this is one of the best prog. relaeses of 2010 so far. 4 1/2 stars.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll have to check that one out Joe, thanks for the review/recommend.:cheers:

joe

Reaction score
OK then. That's just fine. You people don't know good music. I was going to introduce more new prog. artists but I'll go somewhere else.:tongue:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Just show a little patience, Sox and Sweaty both like Prog as you can tell from your Rarities thread, besides on long weekends people are busy with family stuff especially the last one of the summer.;)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I figured you were, but just Had to say something.:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Great Stuff, sounds to me like the American bands that keep the prog theme alive are more than pulling their weight. I think the UK music scene today is struggling in this direction. I really like the sound of this band and I think it could one that grows the more you play.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online