Enslaved (Official Thread)

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
ive heard side 1 of vertebrae about 4 times-its not bad but its a massive change -

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Building With Fire

This song rules. Awesome clean vocals but some excellent riffs right throughout. So far this is an awesome follow up to Riitiir. Good theatrical elements too.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loving the Frost album.
Svarte Vidder

Yggdrasill

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The River's Mouth from upcoming album 'E' out on Friday.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Heard this a couple days ago when was first unveiled through a friend who is an Enslaved freak. Sounds pretty good but not blown away. The clean vocals sound too Mastodonish to me.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Storm Son also from the E album.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heard this a couple days ago when was first unveiled through a friend who is an Enslaved freak. Sounds pretty good but not blown away. The clean vocals sound too Mastodonish to me.
I'd give them a listen myself but being so close to release day I may as well wait it out. Kinda good to know it may not blow me away either as I think bands often set people up to be disappointed with overhype.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I'd give them a listen myself but being so close to release day I may as well wait it out. Kinda good to know it may not blow me away either as I think bands often set people up to be disappointed with overhype.

The keyboard player who did the clean vocals is no longer in the band so it sounds different . Not that its not good ...grew on me the second listen. And I already liked it.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Normally I'd say you can't overhype Enslaved but to be honest "The River's Mouth" didn't really connect with me either. It sounds like a song trying to build up to something that never happens. "Storm Son" is pretty solid though. I really like the keyboards and the tempo change about midway through and near the end.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the case where Enslaved can be overhyped. Decent album E is but since Riitiir the music has been somewhat of a step down.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online