ELP : Emerson, Lake, & Palmer (Official Thread)

joe

Reaction score
Re: ELP : Emerson, Lake, & Palmer

Man oh man, I'd love to see that show. Did Emerson stab his keyboards. That's a great list of songs. From the Beginning is heavenly. I hope to see some video.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

E.L.P were brilliant at the weekend... set list.

1.Karn Evil 9: 1st Impression, Part 2
2.Barbarian
3.Bitches Crystal
4.Knife Edge
5.From The Beginning
6.Touch and Go
7.Take a Pebble/Tarkus
8.AquaTarkus
9.Farewell To Arms
10.Lucky Man
11.Pictures At An Exhibition Medley
Encore:
12.Fanfare for the Common Man / Rondo
:grinthumb saw some video clips look good!!!
glad to see someone here went!!!!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Joe .. yes indeed the knives came out for Rondo.

Aktivator .. Sweaty was there as well, we came away on a high cos there wasn't a bad vibe all weekend. The bands were all ace.

joe

Reaction score

Joe .. yes indeed the knives came out for Rondo.

Aktivator .. Sweaty was there as well, we came away on a high cos there wasn't a bad vibe all weekend. The bands were all ace.

Ah, Emerson and his flambouncy. Too bad the flag and America weren't part of the show.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I was talking to a friend tonight and then I had to make a post. I've seen some casual and die hard fans make fun of LOVE BEACH!! Outside of the cover I really don't see why??

I cannot hear anything but wonderful music on this album! it's great from beginning to end. It's really one of my favorites or if not a favorite a real feel good.

CANARIO

I love MEMOIRS OF AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN as well!!!

5150xZy2uwL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score

^MP, I have mixed reviews about 'Love Beach.' While far from their best work, it isn`t as bad as it`s detractors would allege. I truly hold the distinction for ELP`s worst album to be 'In The Hot Seat(1994).
The frist side of Love Beach were a bunch of pleasant, but forgettable pop tunes mostly penned by Greg Lake, save for the instrumental 'Canario'.
'Memoirs of an Officer and a Gentleman' encomapsses the entire second side and it`s vastly underrated. My only cricticism would be that it`s too light in the production and playing. However, keith Emerson`s strengths as a composer were still there, and Greg Lake`s voice is at it`s absolute peak.

Stout

Reaction score

Also to add, before recording this album, ELP had done a year`s work of world touring, mostly to make up for the monetary losses incurred by the use of the orechestra at the outset of the 'Works' tour. By the time they were set to record this, they were burned out, but Atlantic Records were pressuring them for another release.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

The Emerson Lake & Powell record was really good!

Love this tune!

Velvetclown

Banned
Reaction score

I was talking to a friend tonight and then I had to make a post. I've seen some casual and die hard fans make fun of LOVE BEACH!! Outside of the cover I really don't see why??

I cannot hear anything but wonderful music on this album! it's great from beginning to end. It's really one of my favorites or if not a favorite a real feel good.

CANARIO

I love MEMOIRS OF AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN as well!!!

5150xZy2uwL._SS500_.jpg

The cover is awful, but the music is rather good, just don´t go for " In the Hot Seat " Album :wa

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I guess I am one of the people you are talking about MP, I never really liked "Love Beach" when it came out. I think many of us just felt after so many top notch albums to their credit this one was not as good. Was it terrible? Most likely it was decent but I remember when my brother bought it we played it two or three times and that was about it.

They did so many other great records I would rather spend 40+ minutes listening to one of them rather than give this one another spin.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online