ELP : Emerson, Lake, & Palmer (Official Thread)

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score
Re: ELP : Emerson, Lake, & Palmer

Tarkus. If ELP never recorded anything besides that album I would still be a fan.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Here's Keith Emerson demonstrating that he's man enough to play a real keyboard instrument:

Attachments

• A keith.jpg
    A keith.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 56

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like accordions, they are underused in rock music, Zydeco being the only genre I know besides Polka that uses them extensively.

Stout

Reaction score

How does one feel about the 'Emerson, Lake and Powell' project? This was truly a gem and vastly underrated back in the 80`s.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am embarrassed to admit I never bothered even checking that incarnation of ELP out Stout...:blush2:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

TBH I've never heard it either. Kinda weird that I haven't ,because ELP is probably top 3 progressive rock for me, and Cozy has always been one of my favorite drummers since I first heard Rainbow Rising.

I need to get on that.

Stout

Reaction score

^ All I can say gents is that the ELPowell project was one of the more progressive projects in the `80`s, and probably given short shrift due to the fact the band looked as if they were cashing in on the 'ELP' name. But the music created certainly didn`t smack of cashing in.
The first three songs, 'The Score, Learning To Fly', and 'The Miracle are nothing short of stunning. Then there was the single released, 'Touch and Go', which there is a video for.
Lake was still in his prime as a vocalist, still possessing that golden tenor while playing a dependable bass. Emerson had updated his keyboard style rather nicely for the 80`s, and Powell`s heavy handed hitting style suited the music well.
Grand finale track; Eerson`s adaptation of Holst`s 'Mars; The Bringer of War'. Listen to this with the lights off and loud!!!

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Here's a track list:

The Score

Learning To Fly

The Miracle

Touch And Go

Love Blind

Step Aside

Lay Down Your Guns

Mars The Bringer Of War

The Locomotion

Vacant Possession

4a57729fd7a0160cc2d30110.L.jpg

:****:

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

TBH I've never heard it either. Kinda weird that I haven't ,because ELP is probably top 3 progressive rock for me, and Cozy has always been one of my favorite drummers since I first heard Rainbow Rising.

I need to get on that.

I picked up an MP3 copy to check out, if I like it I'll get the CD. I checked my online store and they have it in stock.:D

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Here's Keith Emerson demonstrating that he's man enough to play a real keyboard instrument:
:wa
well why go for an old picture then I've got one from this year. Keith still plays the accordian.

4504091483_d0b88e48f0.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online