ELP : Emerson, Lake, & Palmer (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: ELP : Emerson, Lake, & Palmer

ELP's debut is my pick for their best album...in fact when I was shopping for my 2nd set of stereo speakers the salesman who I knew really well played Lucky Man and Tank to show off the capability of the speakers. I was literally blown away and of course bought the speakers that day.:bow:

I have to say that the old vinyl recording is still better than any CD I've listened to...the same thing happened to "They Only Came Out At Night" by Edgar Winter, they just haven't managed to capture the massive sound of the drum kit on either CD...which is a shame.:wa:

:D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Nololob as you probably know Carl Palmer drummed on Atomic Rooster's s/t debut then left to go onto ELP.

ELP's s/t debut is superb. I'm not sure if you have heard Tarkus yet Nololob. Here's the side long epic title track:

Hell yeah, my favorite ELP and just behind ( or possibly tied w/) Yes ~ Close to the Edge for my all time favorite progressive rock album.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Great performance in Beat Club.

Keith Emerson is Ritchie Blackmore of organists for me.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!! You'll feel like you died and went to heaven when you get through all of this!!

THE ENDLESS ENIGMA: HERE IS PART ONE!!

4f858149e7a056802cacd110.L._AA240_.jpg

I love, love, LOVE this song! When my dad first got a stereo with a CD player, Trilogy was one of the first CDs he got. Therefore one of my fond memories as a child was listening to Endless Enigma part 1 for the first time in stereo. It was an incredible experience. I remember my dad also had Tarkus and Brain Salad Surgery on vinyl way back in the day.

Some of my favorite ELP songs include:

NP Edit: Video removed by youtube user

I could go on and on!

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Doesn't surprise me at all Nolo...ELP was nothing if not about excess. One of their tours in the late 70's or early 80's they took a symphony orchestra on the road with them, almost bankrupted them and put a lot of stress on the band as well.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Just been bought a bottle of Bushmills Whiskey and this DVD ..

Track list ...

1. The Barbarian
2. Rondo/Bach Improvisations
3. Drum Solo
4. Nutrocker
5. Take A Pebble
6. Knife Edge

Whiskey and ELP Nice combo I reckon. :cheers2

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Sunday morning, coffee, toast and Bitches Crystal ringing through the head phones, it's what life's all about. What a fantastis track, Tarkus is just a great album.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I still get a band out of Emerson Lake and Powell...it was a really good album and still is IMO.

Still love LOVE BLIND

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.