ELP : Emerson, Lake, & Palmer (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: ELP : Emerson, Lake, & Palmer

That sucks, Palmer was a Big part of what made ELP. I know that Buckethead does the same thing, he records his background beats/bass and then plays his guitar over them. I much prefer a Real drummer myself.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

That sucks, Palmer was a Big part of what made ELP. I know that Buckethead does the same thing, he records his background beats/bass and then plays his guitar over them. I much prefer a Real drummer myself.

well ELP is playing this summer in the UK for one show. They took questions and answers last nite and said if all goes well there could be an ELP tour later this year or next year.

I thought Carl would be missed but it still was a good show. Plus the questions were funny this one girl told them how she got into ELP when she was a little girl her brother would play ELP on his piano and she would lie underneath and listen. She said "she dreamed of doing the same thing under Keith Emerson's piano. So they brought her on stage and Keith did a solo jam

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Sounds like a good time...and that was a nice gesture. Sweaty mentioned he is going to see them play, maybe that is what he was referring to. I don't think they will make it this far north so I'll settle for 2nd hand accounts from our fortunate fans that do get to see them.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I guess I'm going to have to pick up a good ELP concert DVD.
Any suggestions on which one to buy, guys ?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have no idea DKW,,,but MP might have some suggestions he has more Band Concert DVD's than anyone I know.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I guess I'm going to have to pick up a good ELP concert DVD.
Any suggestions on which one to buy, guys ?

I have Emerson Lake & Palmer The Birth Of A Band Isle Of Wight Festival 1970, that's a really good dvd IMO.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Isle of Wight seems to be one of the meccas for concerts over the decades. It sure would be great to have been around back in the 70's and seen some of the legendary bands with their original line-ups perform.

I'll have to look around and see if I can locate a copy Sox.:tup:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Isle of Wight seems to be one of the meccas for concerts over the decades. It sure would be great to have been around back in the 70's and seen some of the legendary bands with their original line-ups perform.

I'll have to look around and see if I can locate a copy Sox.:tup:

Too right LG what a time for rock music.

Actually Sweat picked up a couple of copies of the dvd from Fopp Records in Nottingham they were really cheap so he held on to one for me. Great footage of the gig.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online