Elliott Smith (Official Thread)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Re: Elliott Smith

^I'm jealous that you got to see him before his death. I would have loved to see him perform live.

I can imagine how great he performs. He's definitely one of a kind when it comes to indie folk rock. Both him and Conor Oberst are incredible. Luckily, Oberst is still alive and making music.

I'm not ashamed to say that I do tear up to a lot of his music. Even if some of it is upbeat, his voice is just so...emotionally captivating.
I'm assuming you have heard his bootleg live shows. I actually like them more than the albums and something about Elliott's shows and the banter just seems you get a better taste of his music.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I'm assuming you have heard his bootleg live shows. I actually like them more than the albums and something about Elliott's shows and the banter just seems you get a better taste of his music.

I have not, BUT i'm still in the process of getting everything he's done. I can only imagine how incredible his live performances are. I'll look into getting the bootlegs though, mainly because I want to add to my Smith collection.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

I'll look into getting the bootlegs though, mainly because I want to add to my Smith collection.

Same here. Would love to have some bootleg stuff. There are some live performances on youtube, but I'd dig having music in hand.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Its surprising how many people haven't heard of him though. I'm posting videos on facebook, and people are like "who is this guy?"

He's seriously one of the most underrated artists to date. He deserves more praise.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I recently downloaded a ton of Elliott Smith's music, and I've really been enjoying it as an emotional option. Especially Either/Or, and particularly this track:

Cupids Trick

Really good stuf! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^Glad you're diggin it Sal. I listened to all his work last night, and I could honestly say, that every album he's released is probably my favorite now. It's tough to choose just one.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

It makes me sad when I listen to his music knowing that he passed away back in 03. I wish he were still around today. He'd be blowing most of the current artists out of the water right now with his artistic genius.

Such an incredible man.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Interesting man!

I was reading his bio, and discovered he died in 2003 from stab wounds to the chest. What was interesting about his death is he stabbed himself in the chest.

Such a sad ending.
Jeezus, how the hell do you do that? :omg:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Time for another Elliott Smith bump. I can never get enough of him.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online