EDDIE VAN HALEN Dead At 65

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Eddie Van Halen has passed away after a long battle with cancer. He was 65 years old. His death was confirmed by his son, and VAN HALEN bassist, Wolfgang Van Halen.

Wolfgang wrote: "I can't believe I'm having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning.

"He was the best father I could ever ask for. Every moment I've shared with him on and off stage was a gift.

"My heart is broken and I don’t think I’ll ever fully recover from this loss.

"I love you so much, Pop."

.........................................................................................

Speechless....

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Van Halen was probably the first band I followed from their inception (first release anyway). I was 9 when their first album came out and I got into every album there after. I had been listening to Kiss, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin etc... from a very young age and upon hearing that first VH album I knew his playing was special. This is a huge blow to rock and roll and guitar geeks in particular. I'm pretty sad.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never forget the day that Eddie Van Halen died. Every 80s band wanted to have an Eddie Van Halen,some came close but he was truly one of a kind,the perfect combination of proficiency and swagger.

We lost a giant today.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online