"Eddie Van Halen claims to have the cure for cancer"-Sammy Hagar

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockmagazine.com

Sammy Hagar has spoken in his autobiography of how Eddie Van Halen claimed to have cured himself of cancer.

Talking about meeting up with the guitarist in 2004 to discuss a possible Van Halen reunion, the singer says: “He finally invited me over to this giant, extravagant house that he and Valerie (Bertinelli) had built before she split. It looked like vampires lived there. There were bottles and cans all over the floor. The handle was broken off the refrigerator door. There were spider webs everywhere. . . He told me he cured himself (of cancer) by having pieces of his tongue liquefied and injected into his body. He also told me when he had his hip replacement, he stayed awake through the operation and helped the doctors drill a hole. What a fruitcake.”

The book, Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock, is published on March 15.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have only ever respected Eddie when he has a guitar in his hand, I have to invoke the "Sooty Protocol" at this point and ignore his eccentricities...it makes for good copy though.:grinthumb

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
Rockstars owe it to us, with 9-5 'boring' lives to be crazy. :grinthumb

Hardnecker

Reaction score
As a young guitar player, I was in awe of Eddie as a player. He just never progressed and never did anything outside of Van Halen. After 35 years on the instrument I now realize there is so much more to tasty guitar playing than two hand tapping and whammy bar excess. I look at a body of work like Neal Schon's for example. He's got jazzy instrumental, acoustic, melodic rock, blues, hard rock, latin rock and progressive rock records to choose from. I respect this type of versatility and lean towards it more as I've gotten older. Eddie seemed like he was happiest as a drunk. I've heard on more than one occasion that he and his brother can be jerks.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online