Dream Theater Name New Drummer

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Dream Theater finds new drummer for upcoming album

I wish nothing but the best for them and will pick up the new CD, but let's also hope they knock this crap in the head while it's still early enough and get Mike back in before the NEXT album after this.

It's never too late to mend fences now even. :grinthumb

Mr. T

Reaction score
melodicrock.com

New York, NY: A little more than a month after drummer Mike Portnoy's sudden departure from Dream Theater, the band held three days of auditions in New York City. Over an incredibly productive three-day period, the band played, jammed and spoke candidly and at length with seven of the world's greatest drummers. The remaining members of the band got to know the candidates musically, personally and professionally and thus assessed the fit of each drummer's incredible chops with the band's trademark prog-rock sound.
After intense consideration, the band has unanimously chosen drummer Mike Mangini (Extreme, Steve Vai, Annihilator) to fill the seat behind the kit which was left vacant by Portnoy's departure late last summer.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Incredible :D And now, we await a new album!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Awesome! Cannot wait :) I have a feeling it's going to be great, even with the drummer replacement. Still got Petrucci, Labrie, Myung, and Rudess. And the new guy may even be amazing. So i'm pretty stoked :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Glad to hear DT has sorted a replacement and is moving forward.:drums:

Now Kamelot has to find a new vocalist, been a topsy turvy year for some of my favorite bands.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well if he's played with Steve Vai then that must mean that is he one very talented drummer but my biggest concern for Dream Theater since Mike Portnoy's departure has been and continues to be all of the other things Mike did for the band since he wrote a large chunk, if not the majority, of their lyrics, handled half of the production for their albums, and numerous other backstage things. Now they all are hard working guys who I don't doubt can fill in those rolls but I just wonder how different it'll be still....

Oh and here's a pic of Mike Mangini with the rest of Dream Theater:

225228_10150172362972181_7677942180_7357088_6103027_n.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Yeah but which one is he Cosmic??

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member