Doors (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I used to sit listening to the Doors with a close mate, sadly now no longer with us. We would drink Home Brew Ale, talk about Tolkien and Arthur C Clarke and get the Doors on (Yeah sad I know). Anyway we once watched two guys, one on a Bass the other on a fancy Keyboard set up in a tiny country pub absolutely nail "Riders On The Storm". Thing is I believe the track is a real magic, epic piece of music but it can be kind captured with minimal equipment, the mood is the key maybe ?

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
the Doors superb band Jim Morrinson the lizard king... :bow:

A Bullet Proof Poet...

sometimes I`m :gig other times I`m :wa :oyea: :pullhair:

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Morrison was a true visionary with ,of course,enormous potential which we sadly didn't get to hear after the infamous date July 3,1971.Those who have morphed his untimely passing into the urban legend that he faked his death ought to be taken out and severely flogged.Frigen sick maniacs.Let the guy rest in peace you insufferable rumor mongers.The man had severe drug habits that eventually ended his ilfe.Do the people who really believe his death was a hoax also believe that Paul McCartney was killed in an auto wreck in November of 1966?Distinct possibility.Some people need a hobby or to get out of the house more........................

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Morrison was a true visionary with ,of course,enormous potential which we sadly didn't get to hear after the infamous date July 3,1971.Those who have morphed his untimely passing into the urban legend that he faked his death ought to be taken out and severely flogged.Frigen sick maniacs.Let the guy rest in peace you insufferable rumor mongers.The man had severe drug habits that eventually ended his ilfe.Do the people who really believe his death was a hoax also believe that Paul McCartney was killed in an auto wreck in November of 1966?Distinct possibility.Some people need a hobby or to get out of the house more........................

as I said Hurdy Gurdy Man " Pullet Proof Poet "

Abraxas

Reaction score
One of my most fave tracks by The Doors: Celebration Of The Lizard.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
cant stop listening to The Doors lately. Their music crawls inside your head and lays it's eggs like some kinda insect or something. I can't get those melodies outta my head.

JimJam

Reaction score
Their first album is one of the first I ever owned, as a child in the early '70s. This may sound familiar but as a kid I loved all of it except The End. Then, as a pot smoking teen, I magically discovered the pleasures of The End.

1967 is thought of as the year of flower power and psychedelia but I think of most of the songs on the debut as an extension of the garage bands from the period.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
right I`ve been thinking about the music of the Doors over the past few days and wading through the mystic, magical, psychedelic & poems of the lizard king. I was trying to pick the top ten songs. every song changed at the blink of an eye. here are some of the songs I`d never not wish to hear...
Love Me Two Times
The End
LA Woman
Peace Frog
When The Music`s Over
Roadhouse Blues
Indian Summer
there are more but I`ve gotten to figure it out, which anyone whom now`s me will say he will :heheh::bow::oyea::heheh::gig:oyea:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I used to sit listening to the Doors with a close mate, sadly now no longer with us. We would drink Home Brew Ale, talk about Tolkien and Arthur C Clarke and get the Doors on (Yeah sad I know). Anyway we once watched two guys, one on a Bass the other on a fancy Keyboard set up in a tiny country pub absolutely nail "Riders On The Storm". Thing is I believe the track is a real magic, epic piece of music but it can be kind captured with minimal equipment, the mood is the key maybe ?

The mood is the key Sox, have a lot of good memories listening to The Doors with some great friends.

One of my most fave tracks by The Doors: Celebration Of The Lizard.

@Sox, @Sweaty & @Abraxas memories are a great heeler. found memories can bring happiness for yous...:bow::grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online