Dio (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Video of Halestorm doing Straight Through the Heart.... the lead singer (Lzzy Hale?) does a pretty nice job mimicing Ronnie's vocals

:oy:

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Tough job taking over for the great and powerful Ozz in Sabbath but as much as most people feel he fell somewhat short of what Mr. Osbourne accomplished with the band,still he was one hell of a metal vocalist.Very potent lyrical interpretations."Rainbow In the Dark" is timeless metal classic.I also used to like the video very much.I really liked when there he was on a rooftop shouting out his wonderful abilities out for all the world to hear.I know he's now deceased,but what exactly was the cause of his early demise?

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Tough job taking over for the great and powerful Ozz in Sabbath but as much as most people feel he fell somewhat short of what Mr. Osbourne accomplished with the band,still he was one hell of a metal vocalist.Very potent lyrical interpretations."Rainbow In the Dark" is timeless metal classic.I also used to like the video very much.I really liked when there he was on a rooftop shouting out his wonderful abilities out for all the world to hear.I know he's now deceased,but what exactly was the cause of his early demise?

Trying to pick my way through what you were saying there. Do most people actually feel that Ronnie fell short of what Ozzy achieved in Black Sabbath? Sure Ozzy has achieved a lot as he has been in the band for a lifetime (on and off). But for sure the Heaven and Hell album is right up there for me, and Ozzy would never measure up against Ronnie as a vocalist. That's my humble opinion of course.

Lynch

Reaction score
I have to say that after a couple of trips through this album, the track that stands out the most for me so far is Halestorm's version of Straight Through the Heart

Holy cow, I didn't think it was possible to improve on anything Dio ever did, but the job that Halestorm did here definitely puts my thoughts on this topic to the test.... what a KICKASS verison! :bow:

:oy:

zy6ag6.jpg

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Let us not forget the legend that was Ronnie James Dio, he will always be one of the best vocalists in rock imo...one of my all time faves....
(I have many) :oy:

Don't Talk To Strangers

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Just listen to Holy Diver again yesterday ...classic. all the albums after Sacred Heart are underrated. Dio was and is a true metal god and icon.

Lynch

Reaction score
I really, REALLY hate how for the past 30 to 35 years, so many hard rock and metal bands release different albums between the US/UK and Japan.

The Japan release of the Dio Tribute album has an additional track:

Stryper - Heaven and Hell

Good track, better than some of the others on the rest of the album.

RadRobX

What the **** did I post now?
Reaction score
Wtf is going on here Magic?

Thought I was on the dio threat...sorry.

xD

<---backs up.

Lynch

Reaction score
Dio - Invisible

Love this bit right after the solo...

Well I grew up quick and I felt the kick
Of life upon a stage
So I bought the book and then I took a fast look
At just the very last page
It was a single word that I'd just heard