Dio (Official Thread)

Johnnycanuck

Reaction score
I saw Ronnie with Black Sabbath for the Mob Rules tour. I liked him better than Ozzy...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think Ronnie is a better singer than Ozzy period. Can't take anything away from Ozzy's early work in Sabbath and his first 2 solo albums were great.

I saw Ronnie interviewed on a really good documentary a couple years before his death, such an unassuming gracious guy who was happy to talk about his craft and the famous "Horns" he gave the metal world.

The world could use more people like him.:bow:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^I think Ronnie is a better singer than Ozzy period. Can't take anything away from Ozzy's early work in Sabbath and his first 2 solo albums were great.

A hard call for me that one. Ronnie probably is technically better but I would probably go with Ozzy in the end, I guess there's not much in it they were both great in their day.

Dio's 4th studio album was "Dream Evil" and the band delivered again. A belting album with new guitar man Craig Goldy taking the up the standard no worries. Ronnie stays true to the tested format though with maybe a little more polish.

2it4d44.jpg

Dream Evil

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
One of my favorites from a long list of excellent overlooked and underrated DIO releases

dio-lock-up-the-wolves-1990-front-cover-93026.jpg

currently vibrating the walls and floor of my apartment complex

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Lock Up the Wolves has been in every vehicle that I've driven in the past 20 years that has a CD player in it. Such a great album and so vastly underrated by the critics and the masses.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
The first two went platinum and some say "Sacred Heart" was a step back, I don't know I think it's great. It was however the last with Viv on guitar anyway here's the track list ... some good tunes. :grinthumb

The King Of Rock And Roll
Sacred Heart
Another Lie
Rock'n'Roll Children
Hungry For Heaven
Like The Beat Of A Heart
Just Another Day
Fallen Angels
Shoot Shoot

"The King Of Rock And Roll.

I too think it's a great album, just played it through and some brilliant tracks, Sacred Heart being my favourite. Such an incredible vocalist, always gives me goosebumps. :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Got to agree Nolo, Ronnie had an amazing gift his voice and delivery was just incredible.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online