That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited:

KISS’S DESTROYER TURNS 35 TODAY
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

Today marks the 35th anniversary of Kiss’s iconic album, Destroyer. Destroyer was the band’s fourth record and their second to reach number one. It included songs like “Detroit Rock City,” “Beth” and “Shout It Out Loud,” which all became classics and helped cement the band as a hitmaker, something that singer Gene Simmons says still impresses him.

“Kiss is the number one gold record award winning group champions of all time in America. No other American band has more gold records. That blows me away.”

While that might not be totally accurate, Kiss have sold over 100-million albums worldwide. Destroyer was the band’s first album to go platinum. Meanwhile, Kiss play in Houston tonight.

· In 2003, Rolling Stone ranked Destroyer at number 496 on their 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list.

· “Beth” was originally a B-side to the “Detroit Rock City” single but was officially released as a single itself after it started getting airplay.

· Bob Ezrin, who worked with Pink Floyd and Alice Cooper, produced Destroyer.

album-Kiss-Destroyer.jpg

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited:

KISS’S DESTROYER TURNS 35 TODAY
Brought To You By VH1’s Dave Basner

· In 2003, Rolling Stone ranked Destroyer at number 496 on their 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list.

album-Kiss-Destroyer.jpg

Just goes to prove Rolling Stone Magazine are idiots!! It should be TOP 5

:stfu::shock:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
496? Sad. Glad it got a little bit of recognition there, but still, that's so low. Then again, wtf does Rolling Stone know about music anyway

slap.gif

On the plus side, 35 years, it doesn't seem that long ago that I first bought this fantastic album.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I remember buying it on sale for $3.99 at Twin Fair. I'll never forget how cool the beginning of Detroit Rock City sounded with the news broadcast. The album cover always blew me away. I used to have a silver Mylar Poster of it

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I've got mine out in the garage. It's beat to shit. I'm a Kiss fan for life. I use Rolling Stone when I run out of toilet paper.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Rolling Stone sucks at judging music. It had Animals Sounds by the Beach Boys as the #2 album all-time. I'm like WTF?

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I don't think I want to read a magazine that has to do with stones rolling. It's like reading a book about an avalanche.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online