Def Leppard (Official Thread)

ANTHEM

Reaction score
Forgive me for chopping up these quotes. I'm not trying to present them in any false context, but these statements are important.

Thank you MTV.

What Lynch says here was the exact thought I had.

DL showed up early on MTV with Photograph, and by the time Pour Some Sugar On Me made it's debut (on MTV of course, heaven forbid anyone release anything on the radio first), they were a full blown MTV band.

I like a couple of the songs on Hysteria, but I'm in agreement, Pyromania is a much better album.

I have to be honest, I'm like most of America, and didn't know any Def Leppard until they showed up on MTV.

So, as far as their first two albums, On Through The Night and High 'n' Dry, I'm familiar with a handful of cuts, but not educated enough to compare them to their MTV albums, and that's exactly what they were, too.

Oddly enough, I did a little looking around, and found out that Def Leppard, according to Wiki, never had a #1 in the UK. Has nothing to do with this post, just thought it was interesting.
What I was trying to say is that much of their original audience left because they changed and that change drew a new audience.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I did a little looking around, and found out that Def Leppard, according to Wiki, never had a #1 in the UK. Has nothing to do with this post, just thought it was interesting.

And along those lines, their three most commercially successful albums sold almost 30 million albums combined, in America alone

220px-Def_Leppard_-_Pyromania.jpg 220px-Def_Leppard_-_Hysteria_%28vinyl_version%29.jpg 220px-Def_Leppard_-_Adrenalize.jpg

Pyromania - 10+ million
Hysteria - 12+ million
Adrenalize - 7+ million

Again, that's just in the U.S.

Van AeroLep

Reaction score
Since this is the best place to ask Def Leppard related questions, has anyone seen the EUPHORIA TOUR DVD from 1999? Is it any good, because I was told Joe's voice wasn't the best at that stage?

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Has anyone seen/heard the "Viva! Hysteria" DVD/BR/CD set? "Hysteria" was one of my favorite albums as a kid and the price at the local record store (15 euro for the DVD+2 CD set) is decent. Worth getting?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online