Deep Purple (Official Thread)

raymondtm

Reaction score
In Rock is my favorite Deep Purple album! It was awesome in early 70s, and remains so!

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
CELEBRATING JON LORD will be released as 1CD - The Composer, 2CD - The Rock Legend, 2DVD, Blu-ray, Box Set and Download on September 26th, on earMUSIC. All product configurations feature individual cover artworks.

charles_ryder

captain
Reaction score
It was a long long time ago... I was a schoolboy, and I loved Deep Purple. All around me loved them... If they known about them, of course. Now I'm adult man, and the band still playing.

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
It was a long long time ago... I was a schoolboy, and I loved Deep Purple. All around me loved them... If they known about them, of course. Now I'm adult man, and the band still playing.

It just goes to show how well bands like Deep Purple have withstood the test of time, unlike some of the disposable cRap of today.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Deep Purple are easily one of the most important bands of the 70s and one of the most influential
heavy rock bands of their era. The mk II line up along with albums like Burn and Come Taste the Band will always be in my play rotation.

Speed King

Reaction score
Deep Purple are easily one of the most important bands of the 70s and one of the most influential
heavy rock bands of their era. The mk II line up along with albums like Burn and Come Taste the Band will always be in my play rotation.

I've always thought the song "Burn" is one the finest rock tunes ever made, epic on so many levels. I'd put it up against anything from the big three. (LZ, BS, PF)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I've always thought the song "Burn" is one the finest rock tunes ever made, epic on so many levels. I'd put it up against anything from the big three. (LZ, BS, PF)

Burn is a classic album as well as a monster tune.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Monster tune and a great album, Mark II was the best line up without a shadow, lucky I caught them some time ago. Top band and most of their albums are brilliant and so memorable, not like a lot of the new music of today:)

Speed King

Reaction score
Monster tune and a great album, Mark II was the best line up without a shadow, lucky I caught them some time ago. Top band and most of their albums are brilliant and so memorable, not like a lot of the new music of today:)

This was a band made up of phenomenally gifted musicians and composers, Jon Lord, imo was the best Hammond player ever, Ian Paice, he could do more with a five piece kit than most percussionists could do with a room full of drums, Ritchie Blackmore, where do I start, aside from Hendrix he's done more with a Stratacaster than any one else in R&R, Roger Glover, my favorite bass player, I want a Rickenbacher 4001 bass because of him, and bass isn't even my primary instrument, Ian Gillan, what a voice!, suitable for everything from gritty hard rock to soft ballads, and boy can he screem.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.