Deep Purple (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I don't know much about the old Rock and Roll Hall of Farce and I don't really care much either. However I do wonder at the reasoning behind Deep Purple not being included in the roll of honour same with Jethro Tull and Yes. What does a band have to achieve to fit the criteria and be recognised.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
^^^ Well, first and foremost I think they have to suck ... that could be the dilemma right there :heheh:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
:heheh:^^ You may well have a point. I know it took long enough for them to get Rush up there. Surely it's an insult to leave Deep Purple by the wayside. :wtf:

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I personally feel The Hall of Sham is an insult unto itself.

JimJam

Reaction score
The Hall of "Fame" is a joke. An alternate hall could be created of the artists not included in the Cleveland location.

The idea of a museum with memorabilia and artifacts is appealing. But a "hall of fame" for music is completely subjective and it shows in their selections. It's not the same as a sports hall of fame, where they can go by hard statistics such as home runs or rushing yards. If it was about "fame," Deep Purple sold millions of albums.

What it is, is a bunch of self-appointed taste makers who select their personal favorites for regal inclusion. Or, they come to some sort of compromise agreement with others on the panel with different tastes. You let my choice in, i'll let your choice in.

I also despise the hoity-toity induction ceremonies, which resemble the Oscars or Golden Globes and seem antithetical to the essence of rock & roll.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
The March edition of 'Classic Rock' was a special which was wholly devoted to bands which had not been inducted. Deep Purple were featured on the cover, and considered the greatest injustice. Personally I have no interest in these 'award' type things. I come from a generation where the rock stars laughed at such things (ref Lennon - "Thank you for this purple heart"). I know times have changed and many of the '70s and '80s band members seem to be gratified by this stuff, but I really don't give a toss.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
well been reading the book on Blackmore good read...the box set for NOW! is sick:bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online