David Gilmour - "On An Island"

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Re: David Gilmour ‘On An Island’

newdawnfades said:
I ENJOYED that. It's good to see ole Dave pull out my fav song, the MIGHTY, MIGHTY ECHOES!!! > All things divine
Well...NDF and I finally agree on one great song of all time....
Imagine that! :cheers:

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score

Waters does a lot of interviews on one of our F.M.Stations out here. the guy who did the deejay stuff on Radio KAOS is a big F.M. guy out here and he gets Waters on the phone a lot.

I think it's funny hearing that Gilmour is the one keeping it from happening because for YEARS waters has called those guys "whores" in so many words. he goes on and on about how they got rich off HIS labors. Now, while there's certainly something to be said for that - I've heard him prattle on this way three or four times and it's my opinion that the poor man really has no concept that those other people made ANY contribution to that stuff.

so..
if the gravy train is really over, I'm really glad that Rick Wright and Nick Mason are set for life. they put a LOT into that band and they put their backs into it. I like seeing Gilmour in the cat bird seat.

but...
martha predicts: he'll do it.
the guy has a gift for playing in front of people and I really think he knows how much the fans would like it and I think he's been the Floyd Fan's representative for a GOOD long time now.
So, I think he'll do it but I hope he makes Roger Waters kiss Rick Wright's feet or something before he does.
roll.gif

krieger15

as classic as rock
Reaction score

really good album with an even better package, full of David's stuff but also many floydian sounds.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online