David Gilmour - "On An Island"

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Re: David Gilmour ‘On An Island’

Just heard part of the title track from Gilmour's album. He sounds pretty good. :)

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score

Okay, finally heard the whole album. Not bad. Not great either but I'm planning to get a copy eventually but it's not on my high priority list. I just really like David Gilmour. The more I learn about the guy, the more he seems to be quite cool.

Big Generator

Reaction score

Just heard it too...and apart from the opening track and "Smile" I think it's a bit lame.

jakecake

Banned
Reaction score

Way to slow for me. It almost put me to sleep.

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score

jakecake said:
Way to slow for me. It almost put me to sleep.

it is definitely mellow to the point of easy-listening, even potentially sleep-inducing. that was my first impression. but it groweth on me apace, really it does. i'm liking it the more i listen to it.

i love that song that opens up sounding a lot like shine on you crazy diamond. can't think of the name of it now, but i dig the hell out of it.

my now impression? i think it's a way cool album with some incredible gilmouran/floydian moments.

kath
but yeah... i still would avoid playing it in my car for those extended highway drives. hello tree.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score

kath said:
it is definitely mellow to the point of easy-listening, even potentially sleep-inducing. that was my first impression. but it groweth on me apace, really it does. i'm liking it the more i listen to it.

i love that song that opens up sounding a lot like shine on you crazy diamond. can't think of the name of it now, but i dig the hell out of it.

my now impression? i think it's a way cool album with some incredible gilmouran/floydian moments.

kath
but yeah... i still would avoid playing it in my car for those extended highway drives. hello tree.
Just got it and I'm liking it more with each listen as well.

The Rover

'Ol Timer
Reaction score

Well, since you didn't say so..... here's a link to David Gilmour doing "Wish You Were Here" on the Tonight Show Toyota outdoor stage 4/21/2006.

Wish You Were Here -- 4/20/06

Also at that site is David with David Crosby and Graham Nash doing "On An Island" from David's new CD.

Last edited:

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score

I got it a few days back, and I think it's a very fine album. Yes, it's mellow, but so was "Wish You Were Here". Ain't nothing wrong with mellow if it's good...and this is.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online