David Gilmour - "On An Island"

H

halcyon days

David Gilmour’s third solo album ‘On An Island’ is set to be released on March 6th, 2006. I can't wait. :D I love his playing so much.

Anyway, this is his first solo release since 1984's 'About Face.' It is produced by Gilmour and Phil Manzanera and Chris Thomas. The cd has orchestrations by Zbigniew Preisner.

The title song has vocals by Gilmour and get this David Crosby and Graham Nash singing harmonies. That should be great.

I heard a sample of a 6 min. blues jam and it is great. It sounds like early Floyd imo really cool.

Floyd's first guitar player Rado ‘Bob’ Klose on guitar on one song.

Floyd’s Richard Wright guests on organ and vocals.

The 10 tracks are all by David Gilmour doing the music and lyrics by Polly Samson

Gilmour plays piano, bass guitar, percussion, bass harmonica, organ and even the saxophone.

He will tour this spring. I can't wait. :D

Anyone else lookng forward to this?

Big Generator

Reaction score
Re: David Gilmour ‘On An Island’

Gilmour...the heart and soul of Floyd...so much better than that miserable bloke who played bass.

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score

Wow, can't believe it has been that long since About Face came out. Will be good to hear, it's been too long since any music with Gilmour came out.

H

halcyon days

Gearjammer said:
Wow, can't believe it has been that long since About Face came out. Will be good to hear, it's been too long since any music with Gilmour came out.

I agree I am so up for this and the man is just turning 60. I am glad we got some new stuff from him. You should hear that demo/jam it is great.

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score

I'm anticipating it as much as you are....but still pouting that there won't be a Floyd tour any time soon, if ever. =(

H

halcyon days

Buff said:
I'm anticipating it as much as you are....but still pouting that there won't be a Floyd tour any time soon, if ever. =(

Glad to hear it Buff. Yea with Live 8 I did not think it was too likely, but I was really hoping for a tour to hit boston, even nyc i would have gladly made the trip. I am sad too it did not and doesn't look like it will happen :( :confused: :(

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score

it's really too bad, isn't it, I mean, the reception at Live8 was incredible. I think Waters wants to do it, but not sure Gilmour could stomach being on stage with him for more than four songs. Mick and Keith but their differences aside, why can't these two give the fans what they want (and need!) before they are too old to play anymore.

:confused:

H

halcyon days

Buff said:
it's really too bad, isn't it, I mean, the reception at Live8 was incredible. I think Waters wants to do it, but not sure Gilmour could stomach being on stage with him for more than four songs. Mick and Keith but their differences aside, why can't these two give the fans what they want (and need!) before they are too old to play anymore.

:confused:

yea, the reception at Live8 sure was incredible. I think you are right that Waters would do it. I have heard that Gilmour is the one holding it up. :confused:

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score

I get the feeling the animosity between Waters and Gilmour runs far deeper than any spats Keith and Mick had. There was a lot of nasty legal wrangling between the two of them over the use of the Pink Floyd name.

P.S. Halcyon, where are you located?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online