Dark Side Of The Moon VS Abbey Road

Well?

• Total voters

Rocker440

Reaction score
Abstinence! ;) I greatly like and also enjoy both of these fantastic albums, for different and also personal reasons, so I'm sitting this one out along with LG. :)

I do remember watching a very interesting behind the scenes Beatles special on the tele several years ago with George Martin relating many stories about the songs, recording processes and outside influences on the band at the time of Abbey Road, which was very enlightening, imo. One of the more memorable things that I remember was with George Marton stating that one side of Abbey Road was mostly recorded for Paul McCartneys' preferences, and the other was mostly for John Lennon, save the other songs written by George Harrison and Ringo. :cheers2

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Dark Side of The Moon
Even though I'm a massive Floyd fan, DSOTM is not my favorite album just for the simple fact that it gets way overplayed. But when pitted against Abbey Road, The Floyd just takes precedence because of the sheer importance of Dark Side as a sonic revolution.
There are some of the best songs in the Beatles catalog on Abbey Road, but as a whole (which is how it should be listened to) Dark Side is the benchmark by which all other albums should be judged.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Personally, I think I'd put both of these albums in my Top5 complete albums of all time. My favorite by each band. No way can I vote for one over the other.

snowblue

Reaction score
Enjoy both, both Dark Side Of The Moon takes it for me.

Bryter Later

Reaction score
:bow: Dark Side of The Moon :bow:. IMHOA, it is nearly every emotion that we feel expressed in the form of music.

:cheers2 bryter

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Dark Side Of The Moon. Biggest proof that you can have orgasm just from listening to music.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online