CRF Facebook Page?

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
While I appreciate the enthusiasm both you Guitar and P&C have for this I just don't see how it helps the forum. The whole purpose of CRF is to provide a nice place for people to visit and talk about music and a few other things.

By adding a FB option you are actually leaving the board itself to chat, seems counterproductive to me.

Besides, how hard is it for all of you that want to talk more to add an Instant Messenger and then you have your own channel.

I will wait for the others to weigh in on this, but for now I would say it's not likely to happen.

I agree with LG.. This forum has enough devices to talk to anyone if you feel like it.. I think a FB page might lure some undesirables and make it hard for the mods to keep things under control..:peek

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The idea of a Myspace or Facebook page has been discussed in the past by the owner and admins of CRF. We feel that having a fan page on either site would be counterproductive because we would have to use such strict privacy settings and disabling any discussion, to prevent others from spamming the pages. A Myspace or Facebook fan page will only drive a limited amount of visitors to the actual forum with no guarantees of receiving anything more than spam from these visitors. Any of you who have Myspace/Facebook pages are well aware of how much spam comments can show up in your pages!

Maintaining a fan page on either site takes a dedicated person to monitor the comments and keep the page fresh. As you all may or may not know, the admins and moderators on CRF are here strictly as volunteers, and it is not fair to add to the duties of the staff to maintain a fan page. A fan page would take that person who is chosen to maintaining a Facebook/Myspace page away from the forum, needlessly.

A better means of advertising for the forum can be obtained by any member who currently has a Myspace or Facebook page that wouldn't mind adding an advertising banner for CRF to their page.

I do appreciate any ideas that members come up with, and I like the fact that you post these ideas for discussion. This tells me you really like CRF and want to see it grow and flourish :)

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Good choice. Another forum I used to visit a long time ago has just made a Facebook page for people whose posts were deleted on the original forum to have "free speech". The squabbling broke out immediately with charges and counter charges.
Bad idea.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a necessary to do that. We have a good community in here. Creating another one to talk about Classic Rock on Facebook and Twatter (I had to say that) is not a good idea.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I believe this has been denied already. No point in really continuing to comment on it.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Alright..thanks anyways for taking the time to put it up for discussion...I understand your arguments. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Staff online

Members online