Creed / Scott Stapp

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
Cheesy Creed. Album after album there are little to no differences. They put out some radio play hits, that doesn't make them a good band.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmmmm. Methinks if Drifter, Zombeels and Troggy think that Creed's music is abominable, I'd find it so as well.

:pirate:

And you would follow them off a cliff if they jumped. :D

I happen to like Creed. y'all can hate on them all you want. All their albums before the reunion are multiplatinum, so there are more people out there like me who also like them.

vegasi

Reaction score
WATCH! The Marlins Will Soar - Scott Stapp (VIDEO)

Scott Stapp, singer of Creed, recorded this song and made this video for the Florida Marlins.
"The Marlins Will Soar" is a great song. Funny video!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Been reevaluating this band lately! I think I got bored with them in their middle stages because they became predictable powder puff "hard rock" for soccer moms but I was reminded of their earlier work and how much I really like it. It was simple straight forward pop rock but the earlier stuff was darker, more spiritual where the writing was coming from an authentic place. It's no wonder that radio and fans picked up on it because the hooks were great and embedded themselves in your head. The sound captured the last remnants of grunge as a radio staple IMO as well as having a raw almost college rock sound. This trio of singles are the creme de la creme of Creed IMO. A Perfect trilogy with "One" being my favorite! :grinthumb

1183f.jpg

The less I say about "Human Clay" the better but nothing there really stuck on me. I was able to dig "Weathered" a little more as it had a little bit of growth and a heavier edge. After getting back into these guys I bought the new album and it surprised me as every song starts capturing the hooks that were so great in the debut but also takes a step back into that raw college rock vibe. I think they've definitely matured as a band by finding what makes their sound work best.

creed-album.jpg

Here are some of my favorites:

As a bonus to my Creed dissertation here's the one gem from the Scott Stapp solo album! :grinthumb

Scott Stapp-Broken

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Was Creed not as big a deal down under as they were in the States, Sunny? Because they sold tens of millions of albums at the peak here.

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score
I haven't looked far enough into their music to say I'm into the band. But their big ones really stick out in my memory, and I still listen to them to this day. One, With Arms Wide Open, My Sacrifice, My Own Prison, One Last Breath, Higher. I can dig it.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Stapp solo:
2005 The Great Divide
2013 Proof of Life
2019 The Space Between the Shadows
2023 Higher Power

released March 2023
IMG_0407.jpeg