Cradle of Filth (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have everything up to Thornography as everything after that album sucks balls.
May have to try that demos ep out.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
^^ The truth is that none of the studio albums since "Midian" have been absolutely outstanding imo, but I have such a nostalgic attachment to the band, that I have continued to buy their releases. That being said, I do not think they have any albums that, to use your words, "suck balls" :)heheh:), but we can agree that none of them are classics - or future classics. Still, I think everything they've released ranges from good and upwards.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually I consider their albums before Damnation classics of their black metal style. Their more watered down albums after Nymph were too much for me. I am picky on certain bands because I don't particularly care for watered down versions of what to me is their great material. Nymph was a decent album and Thornography had good tunes but after that I stand by my comment that every album sucked balls because nothing on Godspeed, Darkly or the newest release did a thing for me. Boring was the experience of listening to those. lol

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I don't particularly care for watered down versions of what to me is their great material.

I can agree with that comment, although it remains a matter of personal perspective what is watered down and what not, I suppose. But I respect your opinion and as I said, I am not a huge fan of any material since "Midian". Imo "Damnation..." and "Nymphetamine" are the best post-"Midian" albums, but they have their weaknesses, most of all that none of them have any memorable songs, except maybe the title track on "Nymphetamine" with Liv Kristine. At least "Damnation..." has the orchestral elements that makes it stand out and feel sort of like a movie soundtrack, which is cool, but not necessarily what you want from CoF. "Thornography" is a bit too thrashy, not that I do not like thrash, I just don't want CoF to go in that direction. The rest..... I can hardly remember :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah its all just opinion based. lol
I don't care if others like the albums I hate. I just happen to hate their work from after Thornography although that album wasn't all that flash either.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Dani Filth has teamed up with ex 13 CANDLES guitarist/vocalist Daniel Finch to form DEVILMENT .The album "The Great and Secret Show" has been released very recently on Nuclear Blast and the band are touring Europe. No Dani hasn't left COF...this is a music project that has been on the cards for many years...
As a member of 13 Candles ,I can say we are very proud of Daniel :bow:

Even your blood group rejects me

Mother Kali

Attachments

• devilment.jpg
    devilment.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 24
  • devilment-the-great-and-secret-show.jpg
    devilment-the-great-and-secret-show.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Dani Filth has teamed up with ex 13 CANDLES guitarist/vocalist Daniel Finch to form DEVILMENT .The album "The Great and Secret Show" has been released very recently on Nuclear Blast and the band are touring Europe. No Dani hasn't left COF...this is a music project that has been on the cards for many years...
As a member of 13 Candles ,I can say we are very proud of Daniel :bow:

I had no idea about that connection, Lou. I've kept an eye on Devilment, as I'm a huge fan of COF.... well, maybe not as much as I used to be, but still enough to be interested in anything Dani and co. does. I hadn't really checked out who exactly was in the band though and I still haven't got a copy of the album, but it's on my wishlist.

Brooke

Some Girl
Reaction score
I kinda went a little crazy and collected all of their studio albums, compilations, DVDs, and EPs (with the exception of two). I also have a gold/yellow vinyl of Nymphetamine.

I definitely don't listen to them like I used to, but I can play Swansong for a Raven on piano and a little bit of Nymphetamine as well.

Not really into their new stuff so much.. I really didn't care for Godspeed the most probably, out of the newer stuff.
I didn't think I liked that Sarah Jezebel chick until she left the band, but I think the new female back-up vocalists are pretty eh..

Attachments

• cof.jpg
    cof.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 17

Bradzon

Reaction score
Not a huge CoF fan but totally epic tracks like Nymphetamine, Her Ghost In The Fog, and Lilith Immaculate can't be ignored. :grinthumb Imo, Liv Kristine of Leaves' Eyes was the most amazing female vocalist that ever teamed up with the band.
Still waiting to hear more from the new album, Hammer Of The Witches.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online