Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I agree Heedblerk, another feather in her cap.:grinthumb

Cosmic I am curious though...27...?

42 I would get right away.:D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Thanks Heedblerk. :)

And LG, I went with 27 because I liked how it sounded in the header. That's about as deep as that goes. :heheh: I appreciate the Hitchhiker's reference though. ;)

missingnocchi

Reaction score
It's also 3^3. Nice selections, by the way. I hadn't heard that particular Dropkick Murphys track, but I loved it. I used to have a bagpipe playing neighbor, and while I'm sure the rest of my neighborhood despised him, I miss those wailing tunes.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well bagpipes certainly aren't an instrument for everyone, Missingnocchi but if he played them well then I would miss him too. :heheh:

Oh, and thanks for stopping by. :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
2272.jpg

Walk
Artist: Foo Fighters
Album: Wasting Light

A million miles away
Your signal in the distance
To whom it may concern
I think I lost my way
Getting good at starting over
Every time that I return

I'm learning to walk again
I believe I've waited long enough
Where do I begin?
I'm learning to talk again
Can't you see I've waited long enough?
Where do I begin?

Do you remember the days
We built these paper mountains
And sat and watched them burn?
I think I found my place
Can't you feel it growing stronger?
Little conquerors

Where do I begin?
Where do I begin?

Now
For the very first time
Don't you pay no mind?
Set me free-again
You keep alive a moment at a time
But still inside a whisper to a liar
To sacrifice but knowing to survive
The first decline another state of mind
I'm on my knees, I'm praying for a sign
Forever, whenever
I never wanna die
I never wanna die
I never wanna die
I'm on my knees
I never wanna die
I'm dancing on my grave
I'm running through the fire
Forever, whatever
I never wanna die
I never wanna leave
I'll never say goodbye
Forever, whatever
Forever, whatever

Where do I begin?
Where do I begin?

Every album the Foo Fighters put out has that one epic, unbelievably good rock song on it that stands out from the others and for "Wasting Light" that song is it's closer, "Walk". It follows the same formula that the band has been using for years but is done so well that it still feels perfectly fresh and really shows off Dave's ability as a songwriter. Soaring over the roaring guitar and pounding drums is my favorite part of the song, the lyrics (which is why I added them and I might do from here on out), which Dave delivers so strongly. It's very uplifting and when we reach the point in the bridge where he is screaming out "I never wanna die" over and over I get chills ever time.

Also, as with all of the Foos' videos it's effing hilarious, I didn't post that though because it's a bit distracting from the song. ;)

missingnocchi

Reaction score
Well bagpipes certainly aren't an instrument for everyone, Missingnocchi but if he played them well then I would miss him too. :heheh:

Oh, and thanks for stopping by. :D

Oh, he played well. Believe it or not, he got into college on a bagpipe scholarship :oyea:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I actually love Walk.... which is very surprising for me considering I don't tend to like the Foos. The song honestly reminds me of Pearl Jam, something like Given to Fly.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Oh, he played well. Believe it or not, he got into college on a bagpipe scholarship :oyea:

I didn't even know you could get a scholarship for bagpipes. That's awesome. :heheh:

I actually love Walk.... which is very surprising for me considering I don't tend to like the Foos. The song honestly reminds me of Pearl Jam, something like Given to Fly.

It doesn't really remind me of Pearl Jam at all. Other than really broad respects I don't hear any comparison to "Given to Fly". :confused:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
It doesn't really remind me of Pearl Jam at all. Other than really broad respects I don't hear any comparison to "Given to Fly". :confused:

I listened to 'em back to back, sounds definitively similar to me. I admit the Foos song is a bit more concise and the mood's a bit more upbeat. But the opening riffs have a similar kind of slow sparkly meandering quality. Similar soft build to a yelling chorus. One's about learning to walk, one's about learning to fly, similar theme, though Pearl Jam's is darker like they tend to be. I'm not saying they're remotely connected, just songs in the same ilk. Both bands have that gruffly-smooth alt rock style, would put them closer together than I'd put either one with say STP, Nirvana, AIC. Would you agree? I mean I could definitely see an argument to put the Foos with STP but if nothing else I'd definitely put Dave's singing style closer to Eddie's.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I listened to them back to back and I'm still not hearing a close comparison. "Given to Fly" isn't even that hard hitting of a song for Pearl Jam so the only similarities I could give you would be that the intros are kind of similar, they have loud choruses, and comparable lyrical content but that's where it ends. The song structure isn't the same (Pearl Jam has a lot of louds and softs where as the Foos go from a building intro into a hard hitting song that never comes back down the levels of the intro), the overall tone of the songs are way off, as you pointed out (and not just lyrically but musically as well), and I would never compare Dave to Eddie as singers. A lot of the time Dave just sort of shouts and while Eddie can do that as well he has that certain....flow to the way he sings that has been getting ripped off for years. If I were to compare anyone to Eddie it would be Scott Stapp from Creed and that is ONLY because he completely watered down and bit Eddie's entire finesse for singing. It all comes down to the yarl that Eddie (basically) invented that Dave doesn't even dabble in.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online