Controversial or unpopular opinions

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I will bite :). M.o.P is a classic metal album and imo way better then Reload which is considered much weaker by the masses.
So, how come you like Reload better??

Well as much as I actually do like Puppets, I have come to like Reload's more casual, bluesy driven style. I don't like The Memory Remains but the rest of the album has a lot of good bluesy style music. I'm a sucker for that sound a bit more than the frenetic pace of Master of Puppets. It doesn't diminish Puppets at all as like I said I love that album but I like Reload, Justice, Lightning better.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
At the time of the MoP release I just wanted a frenetic pace. I think Reload is a bit dull but your explanation is sound. :grinthumb

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
Rubber Soul > Revolver

It was a close call, but I think Rubber Soul edges it for me.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Ok, heres one that really makes new era Metallica fans angery. Metallica were a metal juggernaut but decided to conform to the whim s of the masses and began watering down their sound beginning with the Black album and have been musically unimportant to metal and music In general ever since that day

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I like Reload more than Master of Puppets by Metallica.
(Sure to light the fuse) lol

I really like Reload! So I'm with you there. But I don't like it more than Puppets. lol. But it depends on my listening mood really. If I'm in a grungy 90s mood, I'll listen happily to Reload all day.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Khor1255

Reaction score
I think Metallica are about as musically relevant as The Osmonds. About as groundbreaking or rebellious as well.

Do I win?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion - I actually really like not only Risk but Super Collider by Megadeth too.
Its more so unpopular among metal fans than anything.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Ok, heres one that really makes new era Metallica fans angry. Metallica were a metal juggernaut but decided to conform to the whim s of the masses and began watering down their sound beginning with the Black album and have been musically unimportant to metal and music In general ever since that day

That hit the nail on the head right there! :grinthumb I firmly agree with that.

Khor1255

Reaction score
I quite like The Black Album compared to a lot of their stuff. In fact I think I like it more than anything except Ride the Lightning.

Seriously, does that cinch it?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.