Communic

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I read their website last night, they are touring as well. I'll have to keep an eye out for that album, almost all the metal "Concept" albums I've heard are first class.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll let you do the snooping you can let me know when it arrives...:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OK....I will let you know, it should be an awesome album and collaboration :)

:pirate:

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Very good band. I know all their albums. On the last album from 2008, Payment of Existence, they are trying to loose a little bit the Nevermore influences from the first two albums. But still they have a long way to reach the perfectionism of Nevermore albums. Anyway this metal genre needs more bands like Nevermore or Communic.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I listened to Communic before I heard of Nevermore so for me it would sound the other way around. I don't let those kind of similarities bother me, there are so many bands that are influenced by their predecessors or peers as long as they write good songs and put their heart and soul into their music that is all I can ask for.

I do have 7 Nevermore albums, but I haven't played any of them yet B.o.b...:think:

b.o.b.

Reaction score
^^I listened to Communic before I heard of Nevermore so for me it would sound the other way around. I don't let those kind of similarities bother me, there are so many bands that are influenced by their predecessors or peers as long as they write good songs and put their heart and soul into their music that is all I can ask for.

Me neither. As I said Communic is an excelent band and we still need more bands like this one.

I do have 7 Nevermore albums, but I haven't played any of them yet B.o.b...:think:

Maybe you should start to listen to them and if you like Communic I'm sure you will enjoy Nevermore too :grinthumb.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'll load them on my Sansa and give them a listen, thanks B.o.b.:hab:

MusicMistress

Reaction score
Communic is an grande prog metal band. I wouldn't say Nevermore is that similar to Communic, unless you are referring to the last 2 releases from Nevermore, those are more low tuned and progressive. Nevermore has a lot more experimental music than Communic. Still the similarities are present.

This song is from Communic's debut album "Conspiracy of Mind"

History Reversed

This song goes between double pedal and thrashing guitars, to prog/melodic. I have to say I do love the vocals of Oddleif Stensland

Last edited by a moderator:

Harkat

Reaction score
Communic is an grande prog metal band. I wouldn't say Nevermore is that similar to Communic, unless you are referring to the last 2 releases from Nevermore, those are more low tuned and progressive. Nevermore has a lot more experimental music than Communic. Still the similarities are present.

This song is from Communic's debut album "Conspiracy of Mind"

History Reversed

This song goes between double pedal and thrashing guitars, to prog/melodic. I have to say I do love the vocals of Oddleif Stensland

I agree, these guys jump from style to style quite a lot.

Wikipedia ~ Communic
"Communic is a progressive metal band from Kristiansand, Norway. The band was founded in 2003 and has released three albums. The first two have received good reviews from magazines and critics."

Even Wikipedia says so! :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online