Communic

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Communic!

CommunicFadeGIFCollage.gif

Official Website

Yet another Norwegian heavy/power metal band, Communic. Only three albums released so far but they are excellent. Formed in 2003 by former members of Scarlot they knocked my socks off when I played their debut album the first time.

An amusing footnote to this story, in another place well over a year ago a new member was looking for some new bands, saying he had been out of touch for a few years. He posted Britney Spears, Christine Aguilera and Demi Levato as artists he liked and thought they were metal...no I'm not kidding...:heheh: Anyway I introduced him to dozens of hard rock/metal bands and then one day he posted about Communic so that is how I found out about them.

Current Line-up:

Oddleif Stensland - Guitar & Vocals

Tor Atle Anderson - Drums & Percussion

Erik Mortensen - Bass Guitar

Discography
Conspiracy in Mind (demo), 2004
Conspiracy in Mind, 2005,
Waves of Visual Decay, 2006,
Payment of Existence, 2008,
The Bottom Deep, 2011

Conspiracy In Mind the title song from their debut album.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
LOL...I do remember how we got introduced to this band. The guy was looking for music with an edge to it, an edge like Pink has but pink was too metal, and he mentioned Britany Spears, Demi Lovato, and Christina Aguillera as having a nice soft metal edge :lmao:

Then a couple days later he posts Communic as the perfect metal music. I totally liked Communic from the first introduction to them, and also have all 3 releases.

If you listened to the song LG posted, you will definitely notice the similarities to Spears/Aguillera/Pink :eek:hyeah:

The band's themes are life, dreams, and psychology. Great power metal music with a dramatic flair. This band formed from the fall out of a band called Ingermanland, where Oddleif Stensland and Erik Mortensen originated.

Communic+_01.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^To finish the story he even joined a hard core metal forum, but old JBC didn't last long with the flaming trolls in there...:lmao:

But he did introduce us to this band so if he does nothing else in the forum world that is okay with me.:tup:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey, LG, I really like the animation of the album covers....Nice job!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thanks Magic, it's the first time I have ever made a GIF and uploaded it...I am surprised it worked...:D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Great thread!! Communic and Nevermore have very similar qualities and I really like both bands!!!

On Ancient Ground

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Damn and double damn, I thought Maybe this was One band you didn't know already MP!...:lmao:

I am going to have to resort to some really obscure bands now to see if there is Anyone you don't know something about.

Seriously, thanks for stopping by, Magic and I really like Communic I've heard some of Nevermore's songs, but don't have any of their CD's. Perhaps a thread is forthcoming with some recommendations...:phones:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Knee deep in dust bunnies in here, but I played the debut album the other night and it reminded me to update this old neglected fossilized thread.:D

I love these guys, they play a great brand of metal, not so much progressive like Dream Theater, but they do write some really good long songs and manage to hold my interest all the way through consistently. It's too bad they don't get as much attention as they deserve over here, but I am glad I picked up all three of their albums. I'll have to check and see if there is a new one on the way,,,sometimes these things slip past me.;)

They Feed On Our Fear

mmunic_-_Conspiracy_In_Mind-front-wwwFreeCoversnet.jpg

ommunic_-_Conspiracy_In_Mind-back-wwwFreeCoversnet.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:tup:Well done guys! This band sound classy!!!.....i need to check them out

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oddleif Stensland has been participating in a project with Samuel Arkan of Origins. Arkan is making a concept album where Oddlief is playing a vocal character on the album.

Oddleif also states on their official website that they are working on their 4th album. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online