Cold Chisel (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Cold Chisel Website

So I noticed that apart from me, there's not much love for Cold Chisel around here! It's about time I spread the word about one of Australia's most influential bands of the 70's and early 80's. Hard hitting, jukebox rattling pub rock is their trade, and with Jimmy Barnes' volatile voice at the front it's no surprise they've had such a successful career.

With eight studio albums recorded, they've also been popular for their energetic live shows, often performing to sellout crowds.

Albums

(1978) Cold Chisel
(1979) Breakfast at Sweethearts
(1980) East
(1982) Circus Animals
(1984) Twentieth Century
(1994) Teenage Love
(1998) The Last Wave of Summer
(2011) Never Before

And without further ado, I'll begin with one of my all time favourite songs:

Their signature song, Khe Sanh:

And some more awesome tunes:

I hope you enjoy! :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Cold Chisel

Thanks Sal, I've heard of them but never really got to know them.:tup:

I like Flame Trees and Forever Now the most of the songs you posted.

Last edited:

Reaction score

I really like Cheap Wine, but eh.. on the others you posted... I really don't like their guitarist much, it did remind me of a less raggae influenced Police (with worse guitar, thats one of the only things I like about Police)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

You're a trueblue at heart aren't ya mate!!!!! However, I think Jimmy's voice is slightly overrated if we compare it to Bon Scott's:):):)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

This was really cool....

Jimmy Barnes reminds me a bit of Dan McCafferty from Nazareth

:heheh:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I really like Cheap Wine, but eh.. on the others you posted... I really don't like their guitarist much, it did remind me of a less raggae influenced Police (with worse guitar, thats one of the only things I like about Police)

Guitar isn't everything though. Cold Chisel mainly focus on vocals and piano, everything else is a bonus!

You're a trueblue at heart aren't ya mate!!!!! However, I think Jimmy's voice is slightly overrated if we compare it to Bon Scott's:):):)

Then don't compare it to Bon's, but enjoy it as is! If you listen to Out In The Blue, his voice is a lot more rock opera, and it works.

And I simply love Australian music :grinthumb

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Guitar isn't everything though. Cold Chisel mainly focus on vocals and piano, everything else is a bonus!

Then don't compare it to Bon's, but enjoy it as is! If you listen to Out In The Blue, his voice is a lot more rock opera, and it works.

And I simply love Australian music :grinthumb

Oh don't get overheated:):):lmao:........Bon is way better than any Jimmy Barnes.....and Jimmy is way overrated against any other rock singer anyways.....comparison or not!!:):)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

All I'm saying is that Bon was Australia's greatest rock n roll frontman, and comparing him to anyone else is criminal.

I think Jimmy isn't overrated, your standards are just too high :tongue:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

All I'm saying is that Bon was Australia's greatest rock n roll frontman, and comparing him to anyone else is criminal.

I think Jimmy isn't overrated, your standards are just too high :tongue:

Fair enuff:cheers::bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.