Classic Rock Songs you despise (or just don't care for)

Sasquatch

Reaction score
My distaste for certain top 40 crap songs/bands(MHO, of course) doesn`t necessarily paint me as the king of obscurity. I do in fact like most music I`ve heard in my lifetime. I just detest some of the smarmy stuff is all. Oh, yeah, not to keen on C & W either...and rap should be outlawed heh heh heh.

Jack

newdawnfades

Reaction score
I was always a fan of 'obscure' music that was actually good. I do know many CRF fans who seem to get a great deal of enjoyment for the obscure stuff because it's obscure. I think this comes from the same part of the brain that stimulates the "I knew them before they hit it big" neurons. ;)

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
There are a lot of people who like obscure for the sake of obscure. They don't seem to see that there is just as much crappy obscure as there are crappy pop. LOL I worked with a lot of them at my college radio.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
I try to not pigeon-hole any type of music, or anyone`s listening taste. While I`m probably happiest listening to FZ or Aorta or many bands that didn`t get extended(see:ad nauseum)air play I do in fact enjoy most genres, and most artists. I`m an American, and understand deeply that one`s preference is an inherent right that shouldn`t be ridiculed or(strong word)persecuted for liking or disliking whatever. Of course there are certain hienous acts that don`t apply here heh heh heh. My point is...I enjoy these conversations here, and regardless off anyone`s tastes you folks never fail to make me smile. Have a great day everyone...I`m putting the boat in the water today, my honey is outta work at noon, I may be busy for a few days.

Jack

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Sasquatch said:
I`m putting the boat in the water today, my honey is outta work at noon, I may be busy for a few days.

Jack

have a great time. :D

kath
(don't get tooo water-logged.)

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
RoxorFuxor said:
Ditto, well, excluding Tricks of the Tail (Genesis), that album was alright.

as for trick of the tail, i personally (me, kath) would remove "alright" and substitute "phenomenal"...

as for solo phil, i felt like fish-slapping him for covering groovy kind of love, one of my all-time sniffy faves.

A

AllThatGlitters

Music Wench said:
Same here for Simple Man. Except it's not Skynyrd's version. SHine Down remade it and now it's played to death - their version anyway.

Shinedown butchered that IMO...gotta change the channel right away when it comes on. :fingers:

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
AllThatGlitters said:
Shinedown butchered that IMO...gotta change the channel right away when it comes on. :fingers:
Just makes you wanna puke, doesn't it? :puke: Talk about killing a perfectly good song.

squeedle53

Chunkadelic!
Reaction score
Does anyone truly enjoy that despicably heinous crapfest that I don't remember the name of, but was a huge hit (I'll never know why) for Head East? Please, someone tell me I'm not alone here.

Had some fabulous cowbell, though! lol

Last edited:

The Rover

'Ol Timer
Reaction score
For "Pop" Music, I am admittedly --very-- narrow minded....

I love the early Beatle pop and rock sounds. I can lisetn to them over--and--over again.....

I also have a love for the 80's music, because of MTV. So I can tolerate a lot of that (But not everything 80s......Pat Benetar, for example....)

So, when it comes to Classic Rock..... it would be easier for me to paick 5 or 6 songs that I don't mind hearing again and again that the Coporate stations play.

That means that 90% or more of what Classic Rock stations end up playing over and over ---- make me sick....
Those songs are not --that-- good, and the real stickler--- is all of the other songs by their artists, that are as good, that don't get played.

I have no love for for what corporate rock radio playlists.

They disrespect all of the great Rock music. 1. by playing into the ground the songs that were the most liked by the widest possible audience, and 2. not being culturally uplifting, by not playing all of those other great songs that people with souls would like to hear.

Simply put,

I HATE CLASSIC ROCK RADIO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Staff online