That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited.com

BON JOVI, EAGLES HAVE TOP GROSSING TOURS
This news is brought to you by VH1 Radio's Dave Basner

Now that we’re more than halfway through 2010, the numbers have been crunched and the top grossing tours of the year have been revealed. While the official Pollstar chart shows that Bon Jovi have the top tour after raking in 52.8-million dollars through June, the chart neglects to include the Eagles. Pollstar only reported on six of the band’s dates and had all of their shows been counted, the Eagles would come in at second since they made 48.7-million dollars so far in 2010. Pollstar has Carole King and James Taylor’s Troubadour tour in second place. It’s earned 41 million so far. Read more at Pollstar.com.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Classic rock bands top grossing tours so far this year

Bon Jovi just played here, and I think the Eagles were here a couple of years ago...I would have to look it up to be sure.

Nice to see the old bands still packin' them in, not the biggest JT and CK fan, but I am surprised they are doing so well.

Maybe there is some hope for the music world after all 70's Guy.:cheers:

MusicMistress

Reaction score
Re: Classic rock bands top grossing tours so far this year

This sounds like more publicity to me. Who collects this information anyway?

I wouldn't say Bon Jovi is the hottest artist, I just think he has received more concert publicity than others. A lot of bands pack out the house for their concerts.

I would be curious to see the entire list of concert revenues for all US concerts. I think that would paint a better picture than a "news flash" from a website's PR department especially a site like VH1.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Staff online