Classic Artists 90's Album Poll

Which three of these 90's albums do you like most?

• Total voters

Kuaizi

Reaction score
Which of these artist's albums from the 90's do you like most? Pick your three favorites and why?

1995: ________________________________ 1999:
JethroTullRootsToBranches.jpg
yes-ladder.jpg

1996: __________________________________ 1993:
full.jpg 246b793509a065071b102110.L._AA300_.jpg

1992: ________________________________ 1993:
da24b340dca059e693566010.L._AA300_.jpg
d8048e4a87fb13de63bc23d9b62da8f7.jpg

1994: ________________________________ 1993:
61LE3lc9k1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg 633cc060ada0a3e298fbb110.L._AA300_.jpg

Kuaizi

Reaction score
1994: ________________________________ 1992:
album-walk-on.jpg
MUDD156.JPG

1991: ________________________________ 1995:
cover_194172112008.jpg
king-crimson-thrak-cover-art-56318.png

1991: ________________________________ 1996:
album-innuendo.jpg
61yJti7TeYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1991: ________________________________ 1992:
album-keys-of-the-kingdom.jpg
Harvest_-_neil_young.png

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Jethro Tull - Roots to Branches, because it showed once again the ability of Tull to continue to surprise their fans with a very innovative album, almost a "World" music flavor mixed with quintessential Tull elements.

Peter Gabriel - Us, simply a stunning CD when I bought it, I consider Us and So to be the equal of any of his work with Genesis, songs are well written, lots of variety and the production value is first class.

Rush - Test for Echo, just another consistent quality album from a Legendary band that has to be rated among the best bands ever. And how they have changed styles over the years and pulled them all off always impresses me.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
For myself I went with:

Peter Gabriel - Us, for pretty much the same reasons as LG. I really like the album, so much in fact it's my favorite from PG!

Rush - Test for Echo, I remember picking this album up as a teenager when it came out. I wasn't totally familiar with Rush at that point, and really thought it was a rockin album! This and Counterparts really jumpstarted my love for Rush and soon after I was turning into the Rush-head I am today

Yes - The Ladder, I remember being psyched for this album to come out. I was happy with their previous release, Open Your Eyes, but I think this one is really at the next level, mixing it up with some solid tunes and some longer Yes-ish tracks with lots of variety and melody!

joe

Reaction score
Great poll Kuaizi:grinthumb

1. Thrak-All star lineup including Fripp, Bill Bruford, Tony Levin, and Trey Gunn. This band picked up where they left off in the 80's. Excellent.

2. The Ladder-I agree with your statement. Open Your Eyes was a disappointment for me. No question this album is an improvement.

3. Harvest Moon-Quite a different approach than Freedom and Ragged Glory a few years earlier. More folky, which makes since as Harvest was also.

4. Test For Echo-It's been a long time since I put my ears on this album. Rush kind off lost me after Grace Under Pressure. I will give it another listen.

Those are the only albums I have on your list.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Aerosmith - Get a Grip: Still good Aerosmith and a decent followup to Pump.

Boston - Walk On: not as good as their first 3 albums, but still sounds like decent Boston. Only bad thing about it was no Delp on vocals.

The rest of the list I could care less about.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Queen ~ Innuendo because of the title track alone...I mean c'mon! That is probably, hands down, one of the more epic tunes Queen ever put out. I love the quieter sections the most, the entire light and shade of the album. This was Freddie showing signs if his illness also...and the videos were sentimental and sad then and now.

Paul McCartney ~ Off The Ground...because this was a GREAT follow up to his masterpiece, Flowers IN The Dirt...he and the band had a fun spirit throughout this entire album. It's also the last album that Linda is in fine and perfect form...healthy and smiling. The songs show a happy optimistic time for all involved, and the music is fantastic!! Plus it has the EPIC C'mon People!!

RUSH~ Test For Echo!! Because it's RUSH!! I love this album!!!

It also had the beautiful Half The World!! :grinthumb

The only album here that could remove RUSH from my choices would be The Ladder by YES!! If not for this song alone.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Boston- Walk On
Moody Blues- Keys Of The Kingdom
Neil Young- Harvest Moon

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get a Grip