City and Colour (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: The Official "City and Colour" Thread

NEW CITY AND COLOUR ALBUM RELEASED TODAY.

I just got my copy, and will be listening to it shortly!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Guys, I FINALLY got the new album in the mail today! What happened is I preordered it BUT it shipped with anpother preordered album at a later date (Taking Back Sunday) and came later and today I finally got up to go to the post office and pick all my albums up. So what do you guys think who own it already? Are you digging it? Upon first listen I like it. It's a little more lush, deep and varied sound wise but still has elements of the beautiful, sparse sound of the last album. I know it's going to grow on me even more! :) here's a track i really like off of it I haven't listed yet:

Hope For Now
(this is chilling, haunting, soulful and rocking all in one package)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Finally giving the new album a proper listen. And so far, Natural Disaster and Fragile Bird are my two favorite songs off the album. Fragile Bird probably takes #1 favorite by only a little bit, Dallas Green just sounds incredible on it.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Yes, his voice is perfect as ever! Two great picks and "Fragile Bird" is especially excellent Prime! :)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Hell yeah. I've listened to the whole thing once now, and Dallas Green has definitely improved in terms of vocals. Probably one of my favorite releases by him right now.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^I've listened to the album again, and I feel like it's easily one of Green's best in terms of releases. He sounds incredible in every song, so his voice is obviously staying good.

If his voice stays this good, i'd love to see Alexisonfire release some new material.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

^I've listened to the album again, and I feel like it's easily one of Green's best in terms of releases. He sounds incredible in every song, so his voice is obviously staying good.

If his voice stays this good, i'd love to see Alexisonfire release some new material.

It still falls behind "Bring me Your Love" but ahead of "Sometimes" in my book. In some ways I think the songwriting is more pure and sounds better with the more unpolished dense feel "Bring Me Your Love" has. The new one flows great, has the perfect fawless vocals from Heaven still and great songwriting (more in a pop vain this time) but it lacks that IT quality the predecessor had for me. I think the difference is that you heard the albums all close together Prime and I had time to sit with each album so it shapes our perspectives differently. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online